• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SSingh1975

Reaction score
^ Gorgeous boots!! I almost put in my order for a custom yesterday but then didn't feel comfortable in spending $400+ on a custom made boots with no return and I have zero fitting experience with RMW :-(. I followed the sizing on the 1st page but even that that, on other forums, it seems the sizing is not consistent (especially between the classics and comfort which have insole).

So I backed out and purchased a pair of Allen Edmonds Liverpool in walnut calf from Ebay instead (I've already owned AE's in the past so familiar with their sizing).

However, I still plan on adding a pair of RMW to my small chelsea collection but thinking of sourcing a pre owned one from Ebay locally just so I can get used to their sizing (and flip it if it doesnt work out). Much better than having to spend $400+ only to find out the boots dont fit as planned ;-(.

Mrlol

Reaction score
With regard to you have shoes in 9.5 wide fitting and 10 in normal and maybe you need a 10.5F in RMW, this could be explained by differences in the last used to make the shoes or an adjustment that was made when you bought them. Have you had your feet measured on brannock device or similar ?

If the 10G fitting is too short, then the F fitting would appear to be your best next option, other than trying thicker socks or some form of insert. If you have no extra costs involved in the returns of the boots, then I would go ahead and try the F fitting.

nope, can't find any bannock in my city :/

Mrlol

Reaction score
are classic rmw with leather insole different in fit vs comfort models expect that the comfort have a nicer innersole?

Bullitt

Reaction score

are classic rmw with leather insole different in fit vs comfort models expect that the comfort have a nicer innersole?

Tried on the Comfort and Classic Craftsman in their Bond Street store a few weeks ago and couldn't detect a difference in fit. The Dynamic Flex Craftsman fit differntly though.

madeinsweden

Reaction score

Nope, no difference in fit. Have them both. But still a major advantage in the comfort with the comfort sole. Don't no why they even sell boots without comfort sole. Zero disadvantages.

Kenggw

Reaction score
Andrew
The boots with the strap around the back and the cover over the elastic are actually boots made by Harold Boot company.
These are a fabulous boot which the company guarantees for the life of the raw materials. You will find these much more comfortable than any RMW in my opinion. The changes RMW have made to their products are definite back-wood steps and will make the boots even more uncomfortable in my opinion.

kbuzz

Reaction score

Andrew
The boots with the strap around the back and the cover over the elastic are actually boots made by Harold Boot company.

These are a fabulous boot which the company guarantees for the life of the raw materials. You will find these much more comfortable than any RMW in my opinion. The changes RMW have made to their products are definite back-wood steps and will make the boots even more uncomfortable in my opinion.

intereresting....i started looking at them after reading this post to see if they would be a good Aussie alternative to the now internationally corporate controlled RM Williams.... boots look very good online...but i think it says they are made in vietnam

BladeWing

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First time on this forum for me.
I recently bought a pair of RM's Dynamic Flex in size 8.5H. I normally take a mens size 9.5 in other boots such as Ariat.
The problem that I have is that they are pressing down onto my heel and creating blisters whenever I wear them.
I have worn them to work which was 3.5 hr of constant walking which absolutely killed my feet. They are comfortable and give me good support but the heel is the issue.
I do know that they still need breaking in but will the heel soften to a point where it won't press down and pinch?
I tend to have a wide foot and narrow heel so finding a comfortable work/ horse riding boot is a must.

equesta

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First time on this forum for me.
I recently bought a pair of RM's Dynamic Flex in size 8.5H. I normally take a mens size 9.5 in other boots such as Ariat.
The problem that I have is that they are pressing down onto my heel and creating blisters whenever I wear them.
I have worn them to work which was 3.5 hr of constant walking which absolutely killed my feet. They are comfortable and give me good support but the heel is the issue.
I do know that they still need breaking in but will the heel soften to a point where it won't press down and pinch?
I tend to have a wide foot and narrow heel so finding a comfortable work/ horse riding boot is a must.

proteinnerd

Reaction score
I have 8 pairs of RM's and I've never had any issues with needing to break them in or pinching at the heel on any of them.....go back to the store. Is it possible its the wrong size for you?

jseaford

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question, does B.K. Smith still make the shoe conditioner (and other shoe care products) for R.M. Williams? I'm loving the R.M shoe conditioner but I can get the B.K. stuff a fraction cheaper.

kubrick

Reaction score
Hi gents,

What a wealth of information in this thread! I've read the past 60 some pages but haven't read anything about the durability/maintenance of the split suede that RM uses on some of their boots.

I've heard some people say rain will ruin them and others say it's more durable than most leathers.

Would really appreciate your expertise. Thanks!

kbuzz

Reaction score
In the decade plus runof this thread has there ever been any consensus on a good color match cream/polish for the whiskey leather . Over the years I've tried various saphir creames but they always look a bit splotchy and lay on the surface.

It may be that I need to try polish but even if , anyone have any recommendations. I have done a search and not much I could find exact a few older mentions of saphir cognac....and yellow which seems weird

Saphir makes a whiskey no 19 and a bronzed brown...but I can't find any gold pics to judge the actual color...

Thanks in advance.

I found these recently but as we know the name is not always the color...

https://www.amazon.com/Tarrago-Shoe-Cream-50ml-Whiskey/dp/B003UMEKD8

http://www.footwearetc.com/accessories/shoe-care/_/trg-the-one-cream-whiskey/#sthash.m1ijjNbj.dpbs

Last edited:

jodaghoda

Reaction score
I own two Craftsman boots in kangaroo leather - one is a comfort craftsman with a cushioned inner and a rubber sole and the other is a traditional craftsman with a leather insole and outsole. Both are size 10.5G. However, the comfort craftsman fits very well and there is heel slippage and considerable room in the regular craftsman. Should I have ordered 10G in the regular craftsman? Thanks for your help.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackdaniels23d