• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddyw

Reaction score
Rm`s are a nice stylish dress boot. I was comparing them to my Loake Blenheim boots today and notice
that the Loakes are stitched all the way around the boot, heel included, were the Rm`s are stitched to just infront of the heel block,and the heel appears to be glued.

Does this suggest that they are half welted half glued, whilst other boots fully stitched are fully goodyear welted?

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in the soho store, wanted to get a pair for my wife, terrible size selection in store (and they know it). Has anyone ordered from nungar or bootsonline lately?Looking at the bootsonline website, seems like the price increase hasn't hit their inventory yet?

Last edited:

vivalet

Reaction score
I just received today from Jim's shoe repair in NYC my RM Williams Bass boots. Black Gardeners used to be called Bass way back. These boots are from 1999! Used regularly, but not quite abused for 17 winters in LA. In great need of some TLC. I wish I had taken before pictures, but I didn't think of it. I can assure you the difference is dramatic! New soles and new elastic side gore. Beautiful job on conditioning the leather too! They did my brown Gardeners, also from 1999, a few years ago and the work is outstanding.

RM Williams boots can last forever.

http://www.jimsshoerepair.com/

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rm`s are a nice stylish dress boot. I was comparing them to my Loake Blenheim boots today and notice
that the Loakes are stitched all the way around the boot, heel included, were the Rm`s are stitched to just infront of the heel block,and the heel appears to be glued.

Does this suggest that they are half welted half glued, whilst other boots fully stitched are fully goodyear welted?

The heel attachment is blind (brass nails) not glue. I'm not a shoe/boot construction expert but there's no real disadvantage to this method over a 360 degree welt AFAIK.

eddyw

Reaction score
Hi Prince

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I have the comfort soles and heel so cant see the nails
They seem a quality boot though

All the best

Edd

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Prince

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I have the comfort soles and heel so cant see the nails
They seem a quality boot though

All the best

Edd

No worries edd - the heels on the comfort and regular models are the same actually, stacked leather and rubber. The last rubber heel piece might be glued on so it's easier to replace when it wears down but the heel itself is nailed in (from the top of the boot I believe). You could see the tops of the nails if you removed the heel pad insert inside the boot.

emptym

Reaction score
...and new elastic side gore.
That's good to know. I've stayed away from chelseas in part because of concerns about the gores giving out. Would you mind letting us know how much the gores were (relative to the resole, if you'd prefer)?

Last edited:

vivalet

Reaction score
Don't know what the breakdown was, but $220 total including $20 shipping. Not bad for 17 year old boots that will last me another 17 at least.
...and new elastic side gore.
That's good to know. I've stayed away from chelseas in part because of concerns about the gores giving out. Would you mind letting us know how much the gores were (relative to the resole, if you'd prefer)?

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch. I'd guess about half was shipping and half the resole. Defitinitely worth it imo. When it comes to good leather products old>new imo. Plus, the environmental benefits, etc.

eddyw

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Prince, much appreciated

I wondered what anyone thought of this site below, it seems to good to be true at this price, and with my `life experience` if its too good to be true it usually ends badly

I cant find any reviews or contact details, and I wondered if the RM`S are seconds or fakes?

The rrp quoted is way off .....

http://www.kenhildrew.co.uk/mens-shoes-boots-c-17_18.html?page=14&sort=20a

Hope its ok to post a link apologies in advance if not just wondered what other members thought

Happy New Year to all

Edd

milw50717

Reaction score
Domain name:
kenhildrew.co.uk

Registrant:
Andrea Francke

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
31 Langdon court
london
london
EC1V 1LH
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 28-Oct-2016

Registrar:
1api GmbH [Tag = 1API-DE]
URL: http://www.1api.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 28-Oct-2016
Expiry date: 28-Oct-2017
Last updated: 28-Oct-2016

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics