• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BananaCake

Reaction score
Hi and thank you!

I will try to take some better pictures. The sole isn't too bad, and I am all up for re-soling instead of throwing away a great pair of shoes. However, the leather has some very deep cracks on it and I thought the boots looked awful when my husband wore them quite recently. And I am stuck for Christmas gift ideas for him...!!! :)

equesta

Reaction score
Hi and thank you!

I will try to take some better pictures. The sole isn't too bad, and I am all up for re-soling instead of throwing away a great pair of shoes. However, the leather has some very deep cracks on it and I thought the boots looked awful when my husband wore them quite recently. And I am stuck for Christmas gift ideas for him...!!! :)

Last edited:

Snorpley

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up on the sizing.
Website says size up one size from your waist but you seem to up 2 sizes?

Did you have a lot left after you buckle it?

I didn't have the chance to try them on when i was in Melbourne as all the stores were out.

Looking to buy from bootsonline. 
Hey takashi78, I can't speak for the bootsonline ones because (it looks to me when browsing on my iPhone) that those kangaroo belts aren't made by RMW? To answer your question in relation to the RMW version, there is only little overhang right out of the box when ordering true-to-size, and the level of further stretching will also depend on if your belt will be worn to help hold up your clothing (in which case would be tighter and more likely to stretch) or if it is more of an accessory to the outfit (and not under as much tension).

BananaCake

Reaction score
My husband isn't into vintage but he does love this pair of boots. I've taken pictures of the cracks on the leather that I was referring to as people here seem to be true connoisseurs! I am going into London in a week's time and I can always contact the shop beforehand to see if they can restore it - great idea by the way!

Bullitt

Reaction score
My husband isn't into vintage but he does love this pair of boots. I've taken pictures of the cracks on the leather that I was referring to as people here seem to be true connoisseurs! I am going into London in a week's time and I can always contact the shop beforehand to see if they can restore it - great idea by the way!

They don’t repair boots in the London RMW store. They would probably send them to Australia to have the work done at the factory. When I considered having my old Craftman boots resoled by RMW, the quoted price was almost as high as ordering a new pair from Bootsonline.

Having the work done by Original Cobblers (www.shoe-repairs.co.uk) might be a better idea. They use original RMW parts.

eddyw

Reaction score
After reading the facebook page comments on quality issues, it concerns me quality may have dropped since the takeover

Am wondering if better off with a pair of cheaney godfrey or albert, as about £100 less, or the crock jones chelsea 5 ?

The craftsman comfort kangaroo does look great though

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at the leather crease, I`m afraid that its something that cant be fixed. As the crease develops a crevice, sand and dirt get into it and its really like a sandpaper and the damage gets more and more. Quick conditioning and cleaning will help slow down the crevice, but there is nothing to be done once a hole develops...

BananaCake

Reaction score
They don’t repair boots in the London RMW store. They would probably send them to Australia to have the work done at the factory. When I considered having my old Craftman boots resoled by RMW, the quoted price was almost as high as ordering a new pair from Bootsonline.

Having the work done by Original Cobblers (www.shoe-repairs.co.uk) might be a better idea. They use original RMW parts.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the comfort craftsman too casual to be worn with trousers? It's hard to tell how bulky the last is from pics online

90shilling

Reaction score
I don't think the shape is the limiting factor - the material is. I chose the chocolate suede because I felt like it was the only one I could wear with slacks/trousers. Not sure if the other colors/materials would work for anything less casual than jeans. The comfort craftsman last shape is not bulbous or bulky at all - it is a slim chisel without looking too angular IMO.

Andrew Beck

Reaction score
I don't think the shape is the limiting factor - the material is. I chose the chocolate suede because I felt like it was the only one I could wear with slacks/trousers. Not sure if the other colors/materials would work for anything less casual than jeans. The comfort craftsman last shape is not bulbous or bulky at all - it is a slim chisel without looking too angular IMO.
I agree with this. The shape is formal enough to be worn with anything. It's a color/material choice. I have the Blaxland (it's the comfort craftsmen but with a leather liner made of black kangaroo), I feel like when polished they work just fine with trousers (as long as you pick a trouser that black works with).

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's great news. I've always wanted to get up to @Portland Dry Goods to check out their shop. I'm even more motived now that be able to get sized correctly and pick up a pair

@Portland Dry Goods have a brown suede model that's stunning! Great shop, cool guys. I try to stop in every couple of months when I'm up there for work.

Last edited:

Young Angus

Reaction score
Hello there, great thread this one and I've used it lots while recently choosing my first pair of MTO boots...went with Tanbark Kangaroo Craftsman so can't wait to get them.

I have an old pair of RMs that belonged to my Dad when he was growing up and he probably bought them in the 70s...amazing thing is they're my EXACT size, but they've got a bit of a savage heel on them and I can't decide if I think they're too feminine or not.

Anyway I was just wondering what they are so here are some pics...perhaps the collective hive here can shed some light on them...I love the way the leather has aged too:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads