• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

milw50717

Reaction score

Are there any leather soles that you wouldn't topy or score? Eg C&J handgrade.

The scoring tip I picked up from the the military way back when, but I don't personally like to do it preferring the Topy's for their increased grip and lower cost of replacement compared to a new sole.

I'd be happy to Topy any of my shoes and boots, but I don't really have anything fancy by way of leather on the soles.

n2pua

Reaction score
trying to make my first comfort craftsman purchase, however ......

can someone please clarify the pricing differences i'm noticing:

RM Williams website:

$450 AUD (roughly $325 US)

Bootsonline:

Australian: AUD $$423.50
Export: AUD $ 385.00
USD $275.24

Has bootsonline simply not raised prices ?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are there any leather soles that you wouldn't topy or score? Eg C&J handgrade.

I would not topy any beautiful nailed/screwed soles, like these Buday's. I would keep those like that, bc I have other Dainite and Commando soled shoes I wear in bad weather. but when it came time to resole...I'd likely go with Dainite

proteinnerd

Reaction score
I'm looking for some shoe trees in Australia and it seems like a lot of them are just rebranded versions of a generic product. According to RM Williams my 10.5G craftsman boots are a 45.5 euro sizing. Should I be buying a 46/47 tree like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pair-of-...922758?hash=item2ee71cd7c6:g:p-IAAOSwhcJWGEqe

or go for something similar but in a 44/45? I don't want to stretch the boots out of their current width.

When I worked for RM (almost 20 years ago now...wow!) we were told shoe trees shouldn't be used with the boots. Don't remember if we were given a reason why but I've never used them and I still have a pair from back then that are in great condition.

Last edited:

davidle24

Reaction score
When I worked for RM (almost 20 years ago now...wow!) we were told shoe trees shouldn't be used with the boots. Don't remember if we were given a reason why but I've never used them and I still have a pair from back then that are in great condition.

Oh really? I have two pairs, Comfort and Dynamic Flex. I have shoe trees in them both. I do know someone with pairs that are 10 and 15 years old, never had shoe trees in them and they look great.

davidle24

Reaction score
I would not topy any beautiful nailed/screwed soles, like these Buday's. I would keep those like that, bc I have other Dainite and Commando soled shoes I wear in bad weather. but when it came time to resole...I'd likely go with Dainite

So you would topy these? I guess there is the argument that if you are spending that much, then you can afford to buy a new pair or resole them??

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you would topy these? I guess there is the argument that if you are spending that much, then you can afford to buy a new pair or resole them??

It's not really a matter of how expensive the shoes are. I have shoes more expensive than those vs a Dainite sole BC that works for those boots. My most formal cap toe Oxfords I've least untopied. . and those were relatively cheap

leon12

Reaction score
Has anyone had contact with Nungar lately? I ordered a pair of craftsman at the end of January, got the preliminary confirmation and haven't heard anything since. I tried emailing Steve and the admin address with no response.

zenith3000

Reaction score
Dears,
I would love to buy a pair pf Comfort Craftsmen.
However, I'm still wondering about the color: Rum or Chestnut.
The boots should be for all/ every day use.
Because I have to order them directly I won't have the opportunity of a live view for comparing both colours.
Does anyone own boots in both colours or can forward an image of both colours side by side?
I'd be glad for suggestions.
Thanks a lot.

kaspal

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had a pair of comfort craftsman for about 3 weeks now and while they fit perfectly, I've developed a pain in the left foot where the boot creases just before the toe box (pictured) and sort of digs into my foot.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads