• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dan1255

Reaction score

Do you mean the leather conditioner every couple of months? RM williams states every 6 weeks in humid conditions or if looking dry.

6 weeks, 8 weeks, it's not an exact science.
They're just boots after all & most farmers would be rolling around on the floor laughing anyway at the thought of conditioning them at any time in their life!

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just checked the 2015 spring/summer catalogue, the Riggers are certainly still there.

My apologies.

It disappeared from the website so I expected the worst.

They've been experimenting a lot with lace up shoes - they never seem to last more than a season.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently got my boots back from being resoled. Is it normal for them to feel a little bit smaller? They seem to be a little shorter in length.

wxxnxs

Reaction score

I recently got my boots back from being resoled. Is it normal for them to feel a little bit smaller? They seem to be a little shorter in length.

That's normal, I got told by their staff, it will changed very tiny once they get resoled.

dan1255

Reaction score

Hi, When they re-sole a pair of boots, they do place them back on the original last to ensure they are sized back to the original fitting.
Any 'tightness' is probably due to the process taking out some of the slack your wear had created. They should go back to feeling like a perfect fit in no time at all.
I can't really explain any difference to the length though if this is what you are experiencing.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi All

I have recently gotten into buying decent handmade Goodyear welt shoes and wish I had started sooner. I am very interested in getting some RM Williams or Henry Baxter Chelsea boots. RM Williams boots in the Uk are around £300, which is a bit more than I was planning to spend. I can get them online from Australia for $355 with postage. This works out at around £200 GBP. Whats your experiences regarding having to pay customs/tax when buying from Australia?

I can't speak to the UK but I ordered two pair of craftsman from Barry at Bootsonline and paid ~$250 (vs ~$475 at the NY RMW store) and paid no duty or fee. Note, this was several yrs ago.

cmd06

Reaction score

Just picked up a pair of black comfort craftsman. Its a slippery slope, this RM Williams boot stuff haha
Can someone please identify the two brown Craftsman boots here? What leather are they? I have Chestnut in yearling and (light) Tan in veal calf along with a pair in black and burgundy-brown from another company. I need something in between the Chestnut (which is a very dark brown) and the Tan (light orangey brown). The two boots here look lovely for that in-between role.

OREO

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with R.M Williams Belts? I'v got my eye on the salt water crocodile belt and i'm wondering about the quality, feel etc

Dr P00b

Reaction score
I have the standard leather belt in the same style. The quality is fantastic, in a rugged way. I don't wear it much anymore as I don't like the two big shiny tail loops, preferring a more subtle look. If you like that look though, fire away!

jksgoh55

Reaction score
Can someone please identify the two brown Craftsman boots here? What leather are they?

I have Chestnut in yearling and (light) Tan in veal calf along with a pair in black and burgundy-brown from another company. I need something in between the Chestnut (which is a very dark brown) and the Tan (light orangey brown). The two boots here look lovely for that in-between role.

Hi cmd06

The one on the left is tan in yearling, the middle is the signature (French calf) in dark tan (the dark tan seemed to have quite a different colour depending if you go the signatures or the yearling, well when i compared them in the store that is).

Re the leathers. The yearling is great, but the signatures are on another level.
interestingly i got a pair of "ballinga" lace up shoes from RMW (seasonal) which are also apparently french calf, but the leather is no way near as nice as the signatures.

jksgoh55

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with R.M Williams Belts? I'v got my eye on the salt water crocodile belt and i'm wondering about the quality, feel etc
Hi Oreo,

I got the promotional crocodile belt, this has a different buckle (buckle not shiny, and only one tail loop). I think it is the same leather? well it looked the same as the other ones in the store.
Quality is great, and feels great. The ridges of the crocodile skin (what ever they are called) are quite prominent, and some times its a bit tricky getting things out of the front pocket without rubbing the item against the belt (i.e. phone).
A note about the sizing, i found that their belt sizing seems to run 1 size smaller. For example, I'm usually a 32 waist, but the 34 belt size fit me perfectly.

Last edited:

aussieboy

Reaction score
i bought a pair RM williams boots a couple months ago. my god, from the moment i put them on they were instantly the softest, most comfortable leather shoes i have ever worn.

going to get a black pair soon

cmd06

Reaction score

Hi cmd06

The one on the left is tan in yearling, the middle is the signature (French calf) in dark tan (the dark tan seemed to have quite a different colour depending if you go the signatures or the yearling, well when i compared them in the store that is). 

Re the leathers. The yearling is great, but the signatures are on another level.
interestingly i got a pair of "ballinga" lace up shoes from RMW (seasonal) which are also apparently french calf, but the leather is no way near as nice as the signatures.

I would never have guessed the boot on the left was Tan. It's a lot darker than my Tan boots in Veal Calf.

However, I'm curious about your comment that the Dark Tan in yearling looking different than Dark Tan in Veal Calf. Can you please elaborate?

Although my Veal Calf are superb, they are too fragile and chip/scratch easily whereas as the yearling have a great balance of durability and dressiness. However, the color of your Dark Tan signature boots is exactly what I need.

Hmm. Decisions. Dark Tan in yearling or veal calf?

Last edited:

jksgoh55

Reaction score
I would never have guessed the boot on the left was Tan. It's a lot darker than my Tan boots in Veal Calf.

However, I'm curious about your comment that the Dark Tan in yearling looking different than Dark Tan in Veal Calf. Can you please elaborate?

Although my Veal Calf are superb, they are too fragile and chip/scratch easily whereas as the yearling have a great balance of durability and dressiness. However, the color of your Dark Tan signature boots is exactly what I need.

Hmm. Decisions. Dark Tan in yearling or veal calf?

the dark tan in yearling was much darker, while the dark tan in the signature was lighter in colour but also seemed to have more depth. difficult to describe, but i hope that helps somewhat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads