• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if CT fit wider that the CC? Paid the full price for the comforts craftsman,now selling them for fraction of the price in order to buy the Turnouts eventually..Squished toes and some slip on the heel is something I can not deal with in long term but too late to return them. My CC are 6G(woman)Any experience with the Turnouts will be helpful,thanks in advance :)

I have chocolate suede CC's and CT's in Rum smooth leather. To my foot, both fit the same. I do have a slightly wide foot and find the standard width to work well.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used BootsOnline a few times now and they're great with customer service and shipping. Of course it takes a while to get to the US, but they get it out there door right quick.

My first two pair of RMW's were from Barry at Bootsonline, back in 2008-2009. I was amazed at how quickly they arrived in the US. IIRC, it took no longer than a week door to door. Barry was responsive and super knowledgeable.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have chocolate suede CC's and CT's in Rum smooth leather. To my foot, both fit the same. I do have a slightly wide foot and find the standard width to work well.

standard width (G) and one size down from US or half size down from US?

edit: what size do you wear in CC and other lasts?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
standard width (G) and one size down from US or half size down from US?

edit: what size do you wear in CC and other lasts?

They are all 10G AU which is one full size down from my normal 11D US. I find the non comfort models to fit a bit roomy so I add an insole while the comfort models fit perfectly snug (but not too tight even for my slightly wide/high volume foot). The CC is marked 10G AU and 11D US (purchased at Bloomingdales, they just list US sizes). All my other models list AU sizing only.

For reference RMW Rotation L-R:

Craftsman Chestnut 2008 10H
Comfort Craftsman Choc suede 2018 10G (11D US)
Bestmade x RMW Suede Gifford 2019 10G
Comfort Turnout Rum 2020 10G

DSC09917.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are all 10G AU which is one full size down from my normal 11D US. I find the non comfort models to fit a bit roomy so I add an insole while the comfort models fit perfectly snug (but not too tight even for my slightly wide/high volume foot). The CC is marked 10G AU and 11D US (purchased at Bloomingdales, they just list US sizes). All my other models list AU sizing only.

For reference RMW Rotation L-R:

Craftsman Chestnut 2008 10H
Comfort Craftsman Choc suede 2018 10G (11D US)
Bestmade x RMW Suede Gifford 2019 10G
Comfort Turnout Rum 2020 10G

View attachment 1547700

sweet, how about compare to other stuff like say CJ/Alden Barrie etc. any other data point?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sweet, how about compare to other stuff like say CJ/Alden Barrie etc. any other data point?

Sure,

Brannock is 11D
Barrie is a perfect 10.5D
Trubalance 10.5D
Edward Green 72 10E UK
CJ is also 10E UK but I only have one pair, the Islay.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Sure,
Barrie is a perfect 10.5D
See that's peculiar.

What is your TTS sizing?

I have an Indy 10C which is pretty good, I want to try a 9.5D but it almost seems a sure thing that it'd be too short.

I have a CC 9.5G which is short, so I must be a 10F, how you fill in a 10.5 Barrie but squeeze into a 10H makes no sense. You must not need the length at all and are just doing .5 for the width. May I suggest you're actually a 10 E or even EE Barrie or the sort?

My tts is 10.5C, Red Wing 10d,

jargo14

Reaction score
I've emailed BootsOnline twice now and received no response. I looked at the online calculator (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html) and it seems like if I got charged duty and tax, it would only be around the price of picking up a pair in the city. So may as well risk it? Unfortunate that they are not replying though.

They were quite responsive with me. I’ll send you a pm of the email of the person I was dealing with.

I also inquired about the duties to Canada and in their experience Boots Online hasn’t had anyone charged duties. I bit the bullet and my order shipped a week or so ago. I’ll keep you posted on what happens upon arrival.

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
They were quite responsive with me. I’ll send you a pm of the email of the person I was dealing with.

I also inquired about the duties to Canada and in their experience Boots Online hasn’t had anyone charged duties. I bit the bullet and my order shipped a week or so ago. I’ll keep you posted on what happens upon arrival.

Thanks for this response! I did just finally get a response, and they said something similar.

Please LMK what happens with your boots, that would be much appreciated.

InaYan

Reaction score
The two have different lasts, yes. The turnout is a little sleeker and can be dressed up or down, and the Gardener is a chunkier style usually made up of more casual leathers. Both are round toe lasts unlike the more popular chisel toe craftsman and personally I stay true to Brannock size for both.
How do you compare Cmf.Craftsman to Comf.Turnouts in sizing?Been advised to get CC in 8H but 7.5H for Comfort Turnouts? (I am woman,wide feet ).That's confusing.

InaYan

Reaction score
Dear all, just following up from my previous posts. I've been looking to purchase my first pair of RMW boots, and wanted to share some of my woes with finding the correct sizing which may help others. My usual size is UK 6.5, regular F width, and this is what I have in most other high quality shoes, incl. various Loakes, Cheaneys, Grensons and Crockett and Jones.

First order: CC 6.5 G
So I went ahead and ordered a 6.5 G Comfort Craftsman (I believe G fit is RMW's regular fit). To my surprise the boots were much too large for me, with massive heel slips and feet swimming around and toes sliding forward - absolutely unwearable. The instep felt very high for me with a lot of step around this area, which probably contributed.

Second order: CC 6 G
I then ordered a size 6 G - much better fit in heels and instep, but toes were very cramped - I knew I could not wear this long term, as toe box areas generally do not stretch much.

Third order: CC 6 H and Comfort Turnout (CT) 6 G
Disappointed, I gave the CC one last try by ordering the wider 6 H. My reasoning for this was that the 6.5 G was probably very large as the instep was quite high, so did not provide enough pressure on my feet to keep it in place - the 6 G fixes this problem as it is shorter (and therefore more instep pressure), but the shorter length causes a cramped toebox. I thought going for a 6H would therefore solve this problem - maintain the snug instep but give myself more room in the toebox.

I also ordered the CT in 6 G to try - reasoning being that the CT has a rounder and more bulbous last, which I thought could provide a larger toebox than the CC 6 G while maintaining the snug fit everywhere else.

Observations:
1. I made a weird observation: the CC 6 H is much more comfortable in the toebox, it now feels snug but not cramped. But also, the 6 H has a significantly smaller and slimmer heel area than the CC 6 G, which provided an even more secure fit in this area with very little heel slip. See the attached photo for comparison - 6H heel much smaller than the 6G heel.

2. The CT 6 G was no good at all - good snug fit in the heels and instep but very cramped toe box, just like the CC 6 G.

Conclusions:
1. RMW's wider H fit provides a roomier toe box but narrower heel.
2. There is little difference in fit between the CC and CT lasts - the chisel toe vs round toe is entirely a stylistic choice, both seem to provide the same fit.

Therefore in the end I kept the CC 6 H - nice snug fit everywhere with a snug but finally comfortable toe box!

Thanks everyone for the earlier suggestions (esp. @JustinW and @midazsolam ) and hope my experience helps others too! Would love to know if anybody else has had similar experience to mine?
Hi,just about to order another pair after the first one didn't work for me. Do you think if you have ordered the CT in H width it could have work for you and what's the reason you choose the CC over the CT? Thank you. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads