• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Are these your shoes?

Nah sorry I should have been clearer, those are just the top google result for "rm williams shark" - I remembered the name. My suede pairs are Black, Havana and Bone MTO.

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
I ended up returning my 8G pair as it seemed, from multiple sources, that it was not going to give enough to be comfortable. I was also advised against trying to stretch them out with alcohol or anything.

8H fits like a dream.

Does anyone have recent experience with BootsOnline? It seems like they rate highly, and I'd be looking to ship them to Canada. The online reviews just seem...too good?

Last edited:

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up returning my 8G pair as it seemed, from multiple sources, that it was not going to give enough to be comfortable. I was also advised against trying to stretch them out with alcohol or anything.

8H fits like a dream.

Does anyone have recent experience with BootsOnline? It seems like they rate highly, and I'd be looking to ship them to Canada.
I got my Chinchillas from them a couple of months ago; very smooth transaction, and their sizing recommendation was spot on.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some new joints today from the ssense sale. Turn in what they khaki suede, but it comes as sage irl. Beautiful color, works well with black and indigo jeans which is what I wanted most.

20200812_102351.jpg

20200812_102707.jpg

aquatherm

Reaction score
I was looking at these and the cola turnouts before I saw the grey ones

Dr P00b

Reaction score
Has anyone had a pair relasted and resoled? My wife has a high top pair made years ago (come up to top of calf and have no elastic). I had them relasted and resoled and just got them back. The inner back leather lining on the heal area is still all worn out and hasn't been replaced.

Very happy with the outer resole work but it looks to me like just a resole, when I asked and paid for re last & sole.

Should the back internal lining have been replaced (as it was damaged/worn through) in a relast and how could you tell if a re last was done. The internal parts including innersole looks to be original and not replaced.

Thoughts?

Dr P00b

Reaction score
Below are some images to go with the above. You can see the boots look great, but the inner heal and inner sole has not been replaced or repaired. I expected that would be done in a re last and re sole but never had a relast done before (or anything on this type of boot actually). Does anyone know if this should be done, or were my expectations misguided? Maybe it is not possible to repair that part of the boot?

IMG_6682.jpg
IMG_6681.jpg
IMG_6683.jpg

rob80bboots

Reaction score
Posted about this back in March just after lock-down, for obvious reasons never had the issue addressed but maybe its time.
IMG_9154.jpg
Recap: had new gores put on my 20 year old Gardeners back in January..but on the first walk back in March the leather split at the back next to the seam on the right boot, but oddly just above the heel, so no direct pressure.
IMG_9157.jpg

Yep....nasty. : (
IMG_9158.jpg
Not too sure it can be re-sewn or maybe a custom strip of leather can be applied up the back.
IMG_9156.jpg

The boots otherwise are still in pretty good shape.

Last edited:

DSheridan

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new here and just got my first pair of RM's. I've found a small cut just second wear in and I'm wondering whether I should 1) be worried and 2) if there's anything I can/should do to make sure this doesn't turn into something big or 3) is it nothing to worry about.

Thanks in advance
IMG_20200816_184247.jpg

Goofy

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads