• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
A question for the experts...

My left foot is larger than my right, almost half a size.

Got a pair of Comfort Craftmans in size 8G online. First boot/leather shoe of this kind/quality/price for me. They fit perfectly on the right foot, but are snug around the instep for the left foot. Left foot toe box seems to be very snug as well. I wouldn't say it doesn't fit, but it's tight and uncomfortable.

I'm planning on breaking them in 20mins-1hr a day while I work from home. Will the left boot stretch enough to be comfortable?

Various websites say the leather doesn't stretch, but will ease and mold to my foot. I'm not sure what that means actually.

Any help appreciated!

zhenjie

Reaction score
I'm planning on breaking them in 20mins-1hr a day while I work from home. Will the left boot stretch enough to be comfortable?

Various websites say the leather doesn't stretch, but will ease and mold to my foot. I'm not sure what that means actually.

Any help appreciated!
If its uncomfortable immediately, you'll be fighting a tough battle. If the tightness is felt after awhile of wear, you have a better chance of it fitting once you've broken them in.

In my experience, the yearling responds well to isopropyl alcohol/leather stretching conditioners and using toe/instep stretchers. It's harder to stretch the areas where the elastic/seams are. The very end of the toebox (where the structure/celastic is) won't stretch either.

SpeedBird

Reaction score
A question for the experts...

My left foot is larger than my right, almost half a size.

Got a pair of Comfort Craftmans in size 8G online. First boot/leather shoe of this kind/quality/price for me. They fit perfectly on the right foot, but are snug around the instep for the left foot. Left foot toe box seems to be very snug as well. I wouldn't say it doesn't fit, but it's tight and uncomfortable.

Any help appreciated!
Return then if you can. And get the Factory to make you a Made to Order pair with one half a size larger. Therefore Left foot boot 8.5G and Right foot 8G. Problem solved. Only way to fit perfect. Its common the factory do this method.

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
If its uncomfortable immediately, you'll be fighting a tough battle. If the tightness is felt after awhile of wear, you have a better chance of it fitting once you've broken them in.

In my experience, the yearling responds well to isopropyl alcohol/leather stretching conditioners and using toe/instep stretchers. It's harder to stretch the areas where the elastic/seams are. The very end of the toebox (where the structure/celastic is) won't stretch either.
That's quite curious. So in your experience, the "break in" of the shoe doesn't equate to any stretch along the instep? I'm not too worried about the elastic area or the toe-box, as they feel fine.

zhenjie

Reaction score
That's quite curious. So in your experience, the "break in" of the shoe doesn't equate to any stretch along the instep? I'm not too worried about the elastic area or the toe-box, as they feel fine.
It will a little bit. But if you're in pain now, it may only stretch it out so your comfortable for a bit, and then you'll get discomfort after a longer wear. That's the gamble.

lsxscoob

Reaction score
Just bought my first pair of Craftsmen's over the weekend. From America and when I moved to Australia I didn't get the craze over spending $600 AUD on a pair of boots. After I tried them on, I immediately understood. I'll be getting a pair in black shortly.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.