• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wxxnxs

Reaction score

Ok looks like this is it...time to pull the trigger on these things 

Buying them from ahume (great shop btw)

Looks like they have been updated since you bought yours though since the elastic is slightly different, guess
they wanted more of a colour contrast.

http://tinyurl.com/od79bnv

Thanks again

They have changed the tag color in black style in Oct 2014 from previous black & green to black and white. I personally prefer the old tag, the new one just does not look right.

esharp

Reaction score
Oh I was meaning the elastic siding looks much redder in the ahume pictures giving more contrast between it and the chestnut upper but you are absolutely right about the pull tabs did not even notice that =)

Andrew Beck

Reaction score
I'm about to finally pull the trigger on a pair of RM Williams boots. I was finally able to try on a pair at the Australian Boot Company on a trip to Canada. In the AE 511 and 7 last I'm a pretty solid 11.5D. I have found though that in the 5 last an 11.5E fits a little better. I have previously worn Blundstone and always purchased a AU10.

The store only had the Comfort Craftsman in a AU10.5G, AU10.5H, and an AU10G all in yearling. The 10 seemed a little tight in the width, though the length seemed fine. the 10.5 was super comfortable, but possibly a little loose. The 10.5H I think was too big. I'm wondering if going with a 10H might be better?

The other question I have is about the three different versions. If I understand it correctly the Dynamic Flex is the only one with a removable insole? So if I wanted to use a pair of Super Feet (which I do in all my Blundstones) that would be the only one that would work? I'm unsure of the durability of that sole however, and don't know how easy it is to re-sole. Since I live in the PNW, there won't be a lot of snow, ice, or salt on the shoes; but rain will be expected (hence avoiding the leather sole). I also am unsure about the difference in comfort and durability of the Blaxland vs the regular Comfort Craftsman. I've always associated the full leather lining with higher quality; but I don't know if it really makes a difference in this instance. Has anyone compared them?

Finally has anyone used a pair of insoles (like superfeet black) designed for non removable insoles with the Blaxland or Comfort Craftsman?

Last edited:

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have shoes from GG EG and Kiton. All of which have narrow lasts. When you say the Macquarie look bulbous I have no clue what you are talking about. The toes are as narrow as my EG 82.

By bulbous I mean the toebox of the Macquarie seemed to be higher and wider, rather akin to the round toe lasts. Since you say your Macquaries toes are as narrow your Edward Greens, I'm convinced there has been no change. Perhaps it is just the pictures.

I've read through this thread and some members said the Macquarie lost some of it's sleekness, just wanted confirmation it hasn't.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

By bulbous I mean the toebox of the Macquarie seemed to be higher and wider, rather akin to the round toe lasts. Since you say your Macquaries toes are as narrow your Edward Greens, I'm convinced there has been no change. Perhaps it is just the pictures.

I've read through this thread and some members said the Macquarie lost some of it's sleekness, just wanted confirmation it hasn't.

Poor picture quality but you be the judge :D. Caveat, I ordered these like a year ago.

Macquarie vs EG 82 last

Also, I recommend you go with french veal, that's what mine are. I wear these whenever I enjoy the nightlife so they get messed up quite a bit. I just polish the scuffs out like any other calf leather from other brands. Of course, if you were doing outdoorsy stuff then yearling would make sense but the elegant macquarie seems to be more at home with french veal.

Last edited:

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between the yearling and calf, might get suede to start since I'm in jeans 98% of the time. Nice boots, that's what a Chelsea boot should look like IMO, rivals G&G's Burnham boot in sleekness.

Thanks for the comparison pics.

Last edited:

titsmcgee852

Reaction score
Seems like you lot didn't hear about the new Gardener Lace Up boot that RM are going to release for "W2016", which I'm assuming means AW16

http://imgur.com/a/w2sXI

They look great, if they have a comfort sole these will be an instant buy for me. Always wanted a trickers style boot with that sole.

dan1255

Reaction score

Riggers were shown here before. I just got a pair in yearling. Pretty cool boots.
'scuse the iPhone pictures.

Hi there, I'm thinking of buying some riggers & wondered how the yearling leather has worn in with some use?
Are you able to post some updated pics?
Thanks.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seems like you lot didn't hear about the new Gardener Lace Up boot that RM are going to release for "W2016", which I'm assuming means AW16

http://imgur.com/a/w2sXI

They look great, if they have a comfort sole these will be an instant buy for me. Always wanted a trickers style boot with that sole. 

The 360* welt is a new one for RMW. It's good to see them experimenting a bit with heavier midsoles and proper commando soles - presumably this is LV's influence trying to get RMW to make boots more suited to the European and US markets.

I'm not sold (sole'd?) on the raw leather edges though. Bit too fashiony for my liking. It limits those new RM boots to casual wear only IMO, compared to say, a C&J Islay type boot that can be worn with a tweed suit as well as jeans.

FENWAY

Reaction score
Newb here: Picked these Chelsea's up recently..are they the Craftsman? 8G with Cuban heel. Impressive boots

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 360* welt is a new one for RMW. It's good to see them experimenting a bit with heavier midsoles and proper commando soles - presumably this is LV's influence trying to get RMW to make boots more suited to the European and US markets.

I'm not sold (sole'd?) on the raw leather edges though. Bit too fashiony for my liking. It limits those new RM boots to casual wear only IMO, compared to say, a C&J Islay type boot that can be worn with a tweed suit as well as jeans.
I might be wrong, but it looks they have a new chisel toe model as well, more elongated it appears.

Newb here: Picked these Chelsea's up recently..are they the Craftsman? 8G with Cuban heel. Impressive boots
Did you buy these off ebay? I remember a boot just like this one advertised. I think you have the bushman model with the round toe.

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On that note, I was reading through the Australian Members and saw Foxhound's Macquarie boots without a front pull tab, which makes me wonder if it's possible to order boots with plain pull tabs? The branded ones aren't a deal breaker for me,since they're covered under pants anyway, just prefer plainer ones.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I might be wrong, but it looks they have a new chisel toe model as well, more elongated it appears.

I think they are the Signature Craftsman - which has a slightly more elongated chisel toe than the regular Craftsman.

esharp

Reaction score
Sitting in my comfy new kangaroo craftsman now =) good fit and feel great

Do i need to put anything on them before going outside with them I have a tube of leather conditioner in the box?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member