• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
That's the comforting thing about shell cordovan. The horse has lived its full life. They're not killed to make your shoes. On top of that, you can honor the horse by giving the shoes another long life.

While I don't have issues with leather, the "one day of age" comment made me think that I would be awoken by a baby calf asking how his skin was working out for me.

Back on topic... nice boots.

lefty

ironman

Reaction score
Great additional info on RM Williams, just what I was looking for.
Mighty fine looking boots those kangaroo craftsmans. Although I'm still unsure about the sizing because of my lack of reference shoes.
I wear a 10.5D US sneaker, they're a bit confining in the toes, which I think is more of a height issue than a length one, the width is perfect, but I hear european styles run slim, so my actual feet may be narrower than an "american" medium. I suppose a 9.5F would be the default size to try first?

Also, wheres the best site these days to have them ordered to the states?
Thanks.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ironman
I wear a 10.5D US sneaker, they're a bit confining in the toes, which I think is more of a height issue than a length one, the width is perfect, but I hear european styles run slim, so my actual feet may be narrower than an "american" medium. I suppose a 9.5F would be the default size to try first?
Please don't base your sizing on sneakers which always run small. At the very least I would suggest seeing if you can try on a pair of Johnson and Murphy's. Still, AE PAs are the reference yardstick.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My RM Williams Chelseas came yesterday - chestnut calf Craftsman. I'm normally a 9.5D US, sometimes 10D. I ordered 9F in the RM Williams and they fit pretty well, but I probably should have ordered an 8.5F. I figured better a tad large than a tad small. I was also worried that the boots would make my feet look short and stubby, which I've noticed on Jodhpur type boots. Well, these don't make your feet look small. The fit is really not bad though. I have some extra length in the toe, but my foot doesn't move around in the boot at all unless I wear very sheer socks. I ordered from Aussie Bush hats and they were great - sent and email to confirm the size before placing the order, then sent another email when they shipped. The whole process was quick and easy. It only took about 2.5 weeks total from order to delivery.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Consider yourself fortunate that you received yours in 2.5 weeks. I ordered a month ago from Nungar and still don't have mine. To add to this, he hasn't returned any of my emails for about 10 days. If I didn't have the reference from Sator I would be protesting the charge with my c.c. company.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why does everyone receive their orders from ABH but me???? I think they're honest people, but I'm worried that if I don't protest the charge soon, I'll forfeit my right to do so.

EDIT: Ironically, I steered clear of nungar precisely because Steve's lack of communicativeness worried me in the case that a problem should arise. ABH has been great at communicating, but a little less good at delivering.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
Consider yourself fortunate that you received yours in 2.5 weeks. I ordered a month ago from Nungar and still don't have mine. To add to this, he hasn't returned any of my emails for about 10 days. If I didn't have the reference from Sator I would be protesting the charge with my c.c. company.

Well, same here but I did order the Stockman buckle boot which is a custom order.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also ordered from Nungar, but only a week ago.

Sator, if you're nudging Steve...

Thanks.

lefty

Pundit

Reaction score
I placed an order about ten days ago with Nungar for some comfort Craftsmen and heard that they were shipped a few days ago. Communication with Steve has been ok and I expect them to arrive in 10 days or so -- we'll see.

FYI, after trying on the boots at their NYC store, I went for a 8.5 G. I am a 9.5 D in AE PAs.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah! I just saw the Nungar charge on my credit card! I wonder if that means that my boots have shipped!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For the record, I paid for the express shipping with ABH so that probably helped expedite the order.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby

I wouldn't worry about Steve. I would also be willing to bet that he has emailed you but maybe it went into your junk mail. I am on my second order and he has emailed me promptly. Keep in mind that pretty much everything with Steve is a "custom order" as it seems that he keeps no stock and he orders the boots from RMW when you order them from him. I am also assuming that he is not a huge seller for them and that probably adds to his wait time. Expect 4-6 weeks before seeing your boots. He is also good in that he does not charge your account until he ships the boots.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I wouldn't worry about Steve. I would also be willing to bet that he has emailed you but maybe it went into your junk mail. I am on my second order and he has emailed me promptly. Keep in mind that pretty much everything with Steve is a "custom order" as it seems that he keeps no stock and he orders the boots from RMW when you order them from him. I am also assuming that he is not a huge seller for them and that probably adds to his wait time. Expect 4-6 weeks before seeing your boots. He is also good in that he does not charge your account until he ships the boots.

Hmmm... Steve just emailed me.

Coincidence?

Maybe.

lefty

well-kept

Reaction score
I've had my first pair of Williams - Craftsman in chestnut kangaroo - for two weeks. I'm a convert. Amazing comfort right from the box and I love how they look. They were a gift from my brother, who is devoted to his. Great gift.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicolewestley