• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Custom fit Suit V RLPL non custom fit suit

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
^^^ Looks pretty damned good, in my opinion. Maybe it could stand to be a little longer, but it's perfectly nice as is. I don't see anything wrong with the shoulder.

it could definitely be little longer,at least half an inch,whole inch would be perfect.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Here is a quick picture,needs to be taken to tailor,my shoulder is sloppy so it is bunching,plus I think the jacket is too short so I am not sure I am going to keep it.It does say custom fit inside the jacket so it is slim,unusual for RLPL.

Looking very nice! Don't see where the shoulder is bunching tho, maybe some back collar roll you meant?

additional half an inch skirt length will be better.

doesn't look to have too much shoulder padding, true?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it could definitely be little longer,at least half an inch,whole inch would be perfect.

That is a matter of opinion, and ultimately yours matters most.

I will say as it stands now, it is on the short side, but perfectly acceptable, and in fact I think the fit is pretty much spot on.

Definite keeper in my opinion, esp. for $300!!!!!!!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
Looking very nice! Don't see where the shoulder is bunching tho, maybe some back collar roll you meant?

additional half an inch skirt length will be better.

doesn't look to have too much shoulder padding, true?

I am sorry,it's not the shoulder that is bunching,it is in the waist (because of my sloppy shoulder) I have this problem all the time.
Compared to other RLPL suits,this one doesn't have much padding.

bjm

Reaction score
Looks a million bucks on you...terrific...hope mine fits as well. I still cant get over the price on these. I mean $300 bucks for a suit of this quality....what a country!
smile.gif

I am sorry,it's not the shoulder that is bunching,it is in the waist (because of my sloppy shoulder) I have this problem all the time.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sometimes have waist bunching issues as well, but from my lovers handle.
tongue.gif

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
I think the suit looks great. I don't mind a shorter fit, especially on a double breasted; keeps it more modern to me. I wish I had been able to grab a 40 R in something

fusherino

Reaction score
very nice suit. would you mind posting pics of the labels? just curious.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I also agree that it could be a tad longer, but as it is it's still fine. The fit though is great!

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hate you and your perfect fit with your cheap RLPL.

I hate you.

(j/k....you're ok.....so is the fit)

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is a quick picture,needs to be taken to tailor,my shoulder is sloppy so it is bunching,plus I think the jacket is too short so I am not sure I am going to keep it.It does say custom fit inside the jacket so it is slim,unusual for RLPL.

RLPLDB.jpg

quoted for awesomeness.

DUUUUUDE.....loving the double breasted.

i think it could stand a bit more waist suppression however.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads