• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

right-click

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just bought my first mac a couple of weeks ago and have been using the mouse that came with it. it does not have a right-click function. is there a way around this via the keyboard or do i need a new mouse?

i'm referring to the ability to right-click on images to see properties, copy them, etc...

tia

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should you have the misfortune of being stuck with one of those, you can usually access context menus and other things generally accessed via the right mouse button by clicking and holding the mouse button for a half-second or so.

dan

BjornH

Reaction score
This has always bothered me about macs. Clinging to a one button mouse after the rest of the world has switched to multi-button ones is perhaps their greatest mistake. I would buy a 3rd party mouse and start enjoying your mac. Context sensitive menus rule.

B

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Brian SD

Reaction score
I bought a Logitech laptop mouse so I could have the second button. I'm too used to right-clicking with my PC to give it up. But in the meantime, Ctrl+Click is the same as right clicking.

Seen those before, Tokyo. Pretty funny, but I'm going to firmly take the stance that anyone who is bitter enough to make one of those images really does need a life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads