• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rider Boot Company

ezwicky

Reaction score
I am lucky to live in Richmond and be able to visit Ron's shop. I have a pair of snuff Chukkas with Dainite-like soles on the way, and after that a pair of navy suede loafers.

YWT

Reaction score
Ron does seem to have interesting designs and leather that's not as available out in the market place. At least from what I see.

ezwicky

Reaction score
I am lucky to live in Richmond and be able to visit Ron's shop. I have a pair of snuff Chukkas with Dainite-like soles on the way, and after that a pair of navy suede loafers.

Here they are. Not the greatest pictures, taken with my cell phone.
IMG_6680.jpg

l33tcoder

Reaction score
BTW for the shell GMTOs (Rocado) that were ordered in June - have people started receiving them? AFAIR the estimate was Sept.

goalaso

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look great. How is the 93 last? Any his comparisons to other brands' sizing/lasts, sizing recs? Looks like a good compromise between 42 and more of a work boot last, like Viberg 1035 or Allen Edmonds' Higgins Mill last

Not so sure I’m not good at comparison of lasts, but Ron says they fit true to size. I took an 8.5 in these and the fit is perfect for my foot. I take a UK8.5 on just about every makers shoe, like Carmina, C&J, Vass, Meermin, Enzo Bonafe. When the lasts get tricky eg., narrow or wide, or have weird sizing nomenclature like EG, then my size will vary. For AE & Alden I’m pretty much a US9E in everything.

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of Rider Boot cape butt snufff suede chukkas on 95 last made by Cortina. These are built like a tank and I couldn’t be happier with the construction and raw materials used. I typically wear UK9/US10 in laced shoes and UK8.5/US9.5 in loafers and I went with US 9.5 for these. This last is short and the boots fit super snug; length is fine but the width feels like a C or B instead of a standard D, I.e much narrower than I anticipated leading to some pain in my forefoot/vamp area. Going to wear it a little more and hope they stretch out.
Some unfiltered picts for everyone’s reference.

Attachments

• A22FFFBF-F3F4-404E-BBEE-08119F0768A4.jpeg
    A22FFFBF-F3F4-404E-BBEE-08119F0768A4.jpeg
    677.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 96A404CA-4E5B-4022-8A97-C86476631C37.jpeg
    96A404CA-4E5B-4022-8A97-C86476631C37.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 75
  • FFF30B7D-A52D-45B2-9B97-99EA9F51BAD4.jpeg
    FFF30B7D-A52D-45B2-9B97-99EA9F51BAD4.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 75

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For awhile there thought these might not make it to me, but after a very long wait these showed up at my door yesterday. Natural Veg tanned horse butt Jodhpurs. I really like these!

9D79D41F-D66F-4EC3-ABC0-17D2CEF754E3.jpeg

D269924B-2424-4C38-BEB0-59376D327FA2.jpeg

ezwicky

Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from Ron Rider since this pandemic began? Are they belly up? I can’t get a response from him via phone or text.
He closed his storefront on Broad St and before Covid he was making appearances at Shockoe Denim, to display boots, hand over deliveries to local customers, and sell belts and wallets and stuff like that. He is on Instagram, maybe you can DM him there if you have IG. He changed his cell number and I don't feel comfortable giving out his new one. I have had a pair of Daltons on order since last September, but I haven't bugged him since February because the shop who makes them is in Northern Italy near Milan, and in the epicenter of the original outbreak. Maybe they're back at work now, I should give him a buzz.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He closed his storefront on Broad St and before Covid he was making appearances at Shockoe Denim, to display boots, hand over deliveries to local customers, and sell belts and wallets and stuff like that. He is on Instagram, maybe you can DM him there if you have IG. He changed his cell number and I don't feel comfortable giving out his new one. I have had a pair of Daltons on order since last September, but I haven't bugged him since February because the shop who makes them is in Northern Italy near Milan, and in the epicenter of the original outbreak. Maybe they're back at work now, I should give him a buzz.
Ok, thanks for the info. Yeah, I paid for a GMTO the first week of October. I was just trying to
see if he had any info to pass on, since many of the other makers in Italy have already completed and sent me orders that I had out since last year. I’ve been checking Instagram and saw that he posted on 2 June, but didn’t respond to the person that had asked a question on the post. So, I was wondering if they were defunct now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads