• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects.

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score

Ordered back in Feb. w/ trial shoe. Delivered last week
inlove.gif

Sam1193

Reaction score
How do you define "a bit"? I've worn my Mavericks two dozen times (not that I'm keeping count or anything...) and have been quite impressed at how well they're holding up. Especially the soles! Granted, I've been very careful not to wear them on wet/rainy/snowy days, so they're only on dry sidewalks and pavement, but they're holding up pretty nicely. I've sometimes heard that RTW shoes will have relatively cheap soles and that the lifecycle of the first sole will be relatively short relative to the lifecycle and durability of subsequent resolings. Whether or not that's true, it's certainly not the case for my Bestettis!
Anyway, happy to upload some photos of them if it's helpful, but again we're only talking about two dozen wearings so far...whereas I would guess that you are wondering more about what they look like after a year or two...

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of Bestetti's that have been worn for a while. Interested to see how the leather holds up.

Here are two recent pics of my Bestettis, the first ones are almost 2 years old I think, and the other pair about 1 year. Both have been worn regularly, and hold up great, both uppers and soles. Especially the leather of my first pair is awesome, so soft and supple and in complement with the good fit they crease very little:

Last edited:

Staffer18283

Reaction score
Here are two recent pics of my Bestettis, the first ones are almost 2 years old I think, and the other pair about 1 year. Both have been worn regularly, and hold up great, both uppers and soles. Especially the leather of my first pair is awesome, so soft and supple and in complement with the good fit they crease very little:

These are spectacular! I was about to pull the trigger on the RTW Mavericks but they are already sold out in most sizes. Considering the burgundy wholecut now.

Sam1193

Reaction score
here are three pictures that show the level of wear after wearing them two dozen times (never on consecutive days and never in wet conditions). I am very pleased.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are spectacular! I was about to pull the trigger on the RTW Mavericks but they are already sold out in most sizes. Considering the burgundy wholecut now.
Thanks! Yeah especially the Maverick went very fast, and the other ones seems to move now as well, so if you're interested might want to act fast in that wholecut.
here are three pictures that show the level of wear after wearing them two dozen times (never on consecutive days and never in wet conditions). I am very pleased.
Are the pics taken directly after wear, or don't you use shoe trees? If the latter, you really should.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A comment about the RTW sizing. As a 10D US, the 9 UK is perfect (I fixed droopy lacing). Going a full size down in some other brands has been painfully tight. I do have a higher instep and arch, and could even go with a slightly thicker sock when these are completely broken in.

I'd hate for the Bestetti RTW line to get too popular, because my size will be impossible to get! Based on this latest run though, probably too late. Hand welted with overall great construction and finishing (+ trees) for under $900? And the English brands continue to restrict policies and increase pricing??...good luck.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A comment about the RTW sizing. As a 10D US, the 9 UK is perfect (I fixed droopy lacing). Going a full size down in some other brands has been painfully tight. I do have a higher instep and arch, and could even go with a slightly thicker sock when these are completely broken in. I'd hate for the Bestetti RTW line to get too popular, because my size will be impossible to get! Based on this latest run though, probably too late. Hand welted with overall great construction and finishing (+ trees) for under $900? And the English brands continue to restrict policies and increase pricing??...good luck.
Is this rtw line handwelted? Where to buy?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A comment about the RTW sizing. As a 10D US, the 9 UK is perfect (I fixed droopy lacing). Going a full size down in some other brands has been painfully tight. I do have a higher instep and arch, and could even go with a slightly thicker sock when these are completely broken in.

I'd hate for the Bestetti RTW line to get too popular, because my size will be impossible to get! Based on this latest run though, probably too late. Hand welted with overall great construction and finishing (+ trees) for under $900? And the English brands continue to restrict policies and increase pricing??...good luck.

Nice pic! Yeah it's tough, since Bestetti is already swamped with work. He really would need a few more employees.

Is this rtw line handwelted? Where to buy?

From the Swedish store Spiga 3. Maverick is gone in most sizes already though, and so is the Boston derby. Still a few of the wholecut Richilieu left though. They are filling up the stock, but will take a while before they are done.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice pic! Yeah it's tough, since Bestetti is already swamped with work. He really would need a few more employees. 

From the Swedish store Spiga 3. Maverick is gone in most sizes already though, and so is the Boston derby. Still a few of the wholecut Richilieu left though. They are filling up the stock, but will take a while before they are done.

When will the maverick restock? Why no half sizes?

Staffer18283

Reaction score
When will the maverick restock? Why no half sizes?

Apparently spring next year.

I was fortunate - there was a return in my size due to a sizing issue and I promptly ordered. I probably would have ordered the burgundy wholecut instead if I had to wait till next year, but had my heart set on the maverick!

I will report back when I receive the shoes but on paper its a sweet deal - you get handwelted shoes with a fiddle back waist, lasted trees, crust leather finish and also the uniqueness of the bestetti lasts. Sounds from the post above that it fits tts so hopefully thats not an issue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads