• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of Crockett and Jones, Pembroke after 1 year of wearing

Diego65

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Diego and this is my first post.
One year ago I bought one pair of CJ Pembroke in tan scotch grain, UK 11. 10,5 was too tight( I'm usually wear 10,5 in CJ Hallam, CJ Norwich, Church´s Consul,Church´s Chetwynd brogue, Cheaney Arthur III, CJ Tetbury, Carmina oxford cordovan 762 forest,)
I live in Birmingham, rainy place but the way.
This shoes are really comfy,the Danite sole is fantastic in every weather, Usually walk all day long because my profession, some times wear suits same time trousers and blazers but always shirt and tie.
Then I put on test this shoes.
Quality: 10/10
Confort: 10/10
Weather response: 10/10
Sole: Danite.Highly recommends use this sole
Style: 7/10 for some people could be bulky shoes, but keep in mind is a country style. It's ok for trousers, but not for suits ( it's my view), for tweed or blazers are excellent.
Care: easy to care compare with others shoes, and the leather is really good. ( Care advice: Saphir renovateur, Saphir cream and wax, shoe trees).
I confess, initially bought this shoes with zero enthusiasm, and after long talk with the salesman of CJ store, but now I'm happy with this shoes and still looks great.I recommend strongly buy it,of course, if you need a really good pair of country brogues for any occasion. This pics are from 01/10/2016

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They look darker than the tan/burnt orange looking stock photos. Did you apply dark shoe polish to it?

Diego65

Reaction score
They look darker than the tan/burnt orange looking stock photos. Did you apply dark shoe polish to it?

Hi! I use, Saphir Renovateur, Saphir cream Medium Brown, and Crockett and Jones wax polish Dark Brown. This Pembroke is Dark Brown, sorry my mistake on the description.
Kind Regards

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I confess, initially bought this shoes with zero enthusiasm, and after long talk with the salesman of CJ store, but now I'm happy with this shoes and still looks great.

Your shoes look great. I'm curious why you bought them without any enthusiasm though. C&J are not exactly a cheap gamble for a shoe that you don't absolutely love.

Diego65

Reaction score
Your shoes look great. I'm curious why you bought them without any enthusiasm though. C&J are not exactly a cheap gamble for a shoe that you don't absolutely love.

Hi! I bought this shoes when I moved to Birminghan and realize about the weather. At that time I had a couple of pairs of CJ and just pop up looking for strong shoes, then show me this pembroke and take my chances. (I love CJ, when realize there was a shop in Birminghan was impossible to resist the temptation)
At the beginning looks bulky to me, but with the time that conception has change.
Kind Regards
Diego

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Diego and this is my first post.
One year ago I bought one pair of CJ Pembroke in tan scotch grain, UK 11. 10,5 was too tight( I'm usually wear 10,5 in CJ Hallam, CJ Norwich, Church´s Consul,Church´s Chetwynd brogue, Cheaney Arthur III, CJ Tetbury, Carmina oxford cordovan 762 forest,)
I live in Birmingham, rainy place but the way.
This shoes are really comfy,the Danite sole is fantastic in every weather, Usually walk all day long because my profession, some times wear suits same time trousers and blazers but always shirt and tie.
Then I put on test this shoes.
Quality: 10/10
Confort: 10/10
Weather response: 10/10
Sole: Danite.Highly recommends use this sole
Style: 7/10 for some people could be bulky shoes, but keep in mind is a country style. It's ok for trousers, but not for suits ( it's my view), for tweed or blazers are excellent.
Care: easy to care compare with others shoes, and the leather is really good. ( Care advice: Saphir renovateur, Saphir cream and wax, shoe trees).
I confess, initially bought this shoes with zero enthusiasm, and after long talk with the salesman of CJ store, but now I'm happy with this shoes and still looks great.I recommend strongly buy it,of course, if you need a really good pair of country brogues for any occasion. This pics are from 01/10/2016

I was wondering if you still wearing this shoes now in 2022?

Diego65

Reaction score
Hi
In matter of fact I´m wearing today this shoes.:)
7D0F5FC9-0420-4904-9832-6DB8F4C60B11.jpeg
679D8EE2-1963-4671-86A7-B7567B0C901B.jpeg

Von Knauzenstein

Reaction score
They look wonderful! I also have a pair, just gave them a full service with Saphir Renovateur and (maybe a bit too much) Saphir dark brown shoe creme. Mine are 3 years old and I wear them weekly.

Pembroke march 2022.jpg

Diego65

Reaction score
They look wonderful! I also have a pair, just gave them a full service with Saphir Renovateur and (maybe a bit too much) Saphir dark brown shoe creme. Mine are 3 years old and I wear them weekly.

View attachment 1761174

Are fantastic shoes!!! and the quality is impressive.. Looking back I can´t be more happy with this shoes!!!!
Your pair looks great!!!

In regards Dainite sole despite no everyone is happy for me is perfect even on icy conditions no regreats

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads