Retrospecs and co

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Duveen, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

I just heard about a store in LA called 'Retrospecs' in the NYTimes (http://travel2.nytimes.com/top/featu...=1086282834850) The description reads: "This one-of-a-kind showroom has a definitive archive of every American-made eyeglass frame from the 1920s through the '40s. They can custom-fit frames and create lens shapes and colors for their vintage frames." Anyone heard anything about this store? This stuff is also sold at Robert Marc in NYC. Just curious if I should be considering them for my next glasses purchase... LA Guy?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've never been to retrospecs, although I've heard lots of good things about them. I do know that LA Eyeworks on Melrose has an impressive selection of frames though, both from vintage, top designers, and their own line.

3. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor Affiliate Vendor

actually today i'm wearing my light blue retrospecs i got in santa fe, NM about 18 months ago.  very cool, but they're steep in price. the ones i really wanted were in my hand until he said they were $765 or so and they went back in the display case

4. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I think that's the store where McCoy bought Kirk's glasses in "The Search for Spock."

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Isn't that similar in concept to the Cutler & Gross in London where they also have a seperate vintage shop?