• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler

joep2k

Reaction score

Here's mine. Been wearing them everyday for work since the end of April. Bought a pair of them last year for winter and then loved the color so much I didn't want to wear them for work or ruin them. Ended up buying another pair for work and one pair for weekends. I love the color in person. Definitely a unique color. The new pair I haven't treated yet and the work ones i've only put creme on it once. First pic is of the first pair I bought that are for the weekends. haha

Hi,

These boots look great. Can I ask if these are cigar or tan colour.

I've got a pair of brown 1000 miles already and am worried about the cigar colour looking the same. I prefer the light brown though. Otherwise I'd switch to black cherry to be sure.
Thanks in advance

Glorysends

Reaction score

Hi,

These boots look great. Can I ask if these are cigar or tan colour.

I've got a pair of brown 1000 miles already and am worried about the cigar colour looking the same. I prefer the light brown though. Otherwise I'd switch to black cherry to be sure.
Thanks in advance

These are actually the chestnut 9013 style number. Here's another current picture. These boots get abused a lot with my work.

Last edited:

joep2k

Reaction score

These are actually the chestnut 9013 style number. Here's another current picture. These boots get abused a lot with my work.

Thanks for pics. I appreciate the quick response. I notice they do fallen quite significantly. Will likely go with black cherries in that case.

Sunstealer73

Reaction score
Thanks for pics. I appreciate the quick response. I notice they do fallen quite significantly. Will likely go with black cherries in that case.

I assume you meant darken instead of fallen? I have the same ones for what it is worth and they are still basically the same color after over a year of being worn at least once, usually twice a week. The only conditioner I've used is Bick's which does not darken them at all as far as I can tell.

Glorysends

Reaction score

I assume you meant darken instead of fallen?  I have the same ones for what it is worth and they are still basically the same color after over a year of being worn at least once, usually twice a week.  The only conditioner I've used is Bick's which does not darken them at all as far as I can tell.

I would agree. I wear mine everyday for work and these are a couple pictures of what they looked like today and then right after I cleaned them up.

joep2k

Reaction score

I would agree. I wear mine everyday for work and these are a couple pictures of what they looked like today and then right after I cleaned them up.

Thanks for the pics.. They look awesome after being cleaned up.. How long have you had them? Do they look good with jeans, black and khaki coloured pants? Looking for something which can match with different styles.

Thanks sunstealer73 as well for the input. Yes I did mean darken,

Glorysends

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.. They look awesome after being cleaned up.. How long have you had them? Do they look good with jeans, black and khaki coloured pants? Looking for something which can match with different styles.

Thanks sunstealer73 as well for the input. Yes I did mean darken,[/quote]

I've had them a little over a year with heavy abuse and Chicago winters and I'm still always amazed at how well they clean up. They look great with jeans. I'm not too sure how they would look with khakis, but they do go good with black jeans as well. Here's a picture of mine with black pants and with dark blue jeans.

[quote name="joep2k" url="/t/65734/red-wing-gentlemans-traveler/1875#post_7823191"]

Last edited:

milw50717

Reaction score
You sure that is red wing ?

There looks to be a green label on the outer tongue of the right boot, which doesn't look right for a RW. Maybe a semi-circle Irish setter label from the 1990's, but where these on the outer side of the tongue ?

Last edited:

Edward98

Reaction score
Question for those with Black Cherry: Is the welt stitching white? I just got a brand new pair but the welt stitching appears to be burgundy around most of the shoe. It's still white in the areas nearest the heel; so it appears to have been stained with shoe polish or dye. I really love the look of the white stitching that both my black IR's and CXL 1K's have; so I was disappointed to see this. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Jeigernaut

Reaction score
Question for those with Black Cherry: Is the welt stitching white? I just got a brand new pair but the welt stitching appears to be burgundy around most of the shoe. It's still white in the areas nearest the heel; so it appears to have been stained with shoe polish or dye. I really love the look of the white stitching that both my black IR's and CXL 2K's have; so I was disappointed to see this. Any insight would be appreciated.

dukerules

Reaction score
Send them back? If you actually wear them, that white stitching will be brown in a matter of weeks, if not days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads