• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

DCBoarder

Reaction score
I have the Black Brogues as well. They are my go to boot for work and casual..
I love those tan laces! I have some blue laces being delivered today. A little color never hurts!

DCBoarder

Reaction score
I really need to get a group shot of my Red Wings..
Beckmans in Black Cherry, Black, Cigar and Chestnut, the black Brogue Iron rangers, Beckman Chuccka in cigar, and Beckman Oxford in cigar..

Captain Insano

Reaction score
I should do that as well. I have classic round 8181 Hawthorne Muleskinner, Iron Ranger 8115 copper rough and tough, Brogue Ranger 8126 Black Chaparral, Classic Moc 877 8" boot oro-legacy, and Postman oxford 3107 copper rough and tough.

Last edited:

Captain Insano

Reaction score
It is raining so I wore the Postmans today.
IMG_20160601_082131_zpsse8ageqa.jpg

wunnaz

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to get some advises/suggestions from you guys.
I m looking for a pair black boots which i can wear to office everyday.
Currently, i owned 875, 3140 and 8111. My mind is pulling between 9014, 2918 & 8200.
I can wear dark jeans and smart casual to office everyday and semi-active work nature.

Thanks in advance.

spedrunr

Reaction score
Hi,

Currently, i owned 875, 3140 and 8111. My mind is pulling between 9014, 2918 & 8200.
I can wear dark jeans and smart casual to office everyday and semi-active work nature.

Thanks in advance.
I am partial to the beckmans, that would be my vote :)

ElBron21

Reaction score

I really need to get a group shot of my Red Wings..
Beckmans in Black Cherry, Black, Cigar and Chestnut, the black Brogue Iron rangers, Beckman Chuccka in cigar, and Beckman Oxford in cigar..

I've thought about a group shot as well every time I put them on my bed to vacuum my room..

I've got Amber, muleskinner and bitter chocolate Rangers. Black ice cutters. The hand sewn moccasins. Black engineers. Black brogues. The bomber brown Beckmans for jcrew. The regular and bitter chocolate 877s. And the wolverine Munsons.

ElBron21

Reaction score

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Yeah the black Beckmans I like more than the other 2, I'm not the biggest fan of the Chelsea style but the look is real nice though. How about the black iron rangers? And, honestly the charcoal blacksmiths are what I would suggest. They'd be more versatile with denim and pants, work clothes and casual, and only darken with age to the black color you initially are looking for. Just a thought!

Last edited:

kenneth cooke

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed. I bought a pair on Red Wing Heritage Moc Toe Boots, Briar Oil Slick three weeks ago. Within a week I could feel nail points protruding through the in sole. I put them an a last and tried to hammer them back but Wednesday I was aware that they were starting to show through again. Also, I requested a pair of leather laces for them from Red Wing Europe. They duly came and broke within a week. I contacted Red Wing USA about the issues, I haven't heard a thing so I returned them to the Red Wing dealer I had bought them from. They did not hesitate in agreeing that there was a problem. Did I have them replaced with another pair, I hear you ask? No I decided to exchange them for a pair of Yukaten Guide Chukka. I paid the difference. I did note that this shoe is sold on tine by some dealers for £485.00- I paid £300.00 a considerable savingI think you will agree. I will report on how they bed in. I think they are a little pricey, and, come on, why does it take a Japanese designer to produce moccasins? a form of footwear synonymous with the indigenous race that once populated the USA?

Regards- Kenneth- UK

conqueror

Reaction score
does anyone own both the postman oxford 101s and dr marten 1461s? i wear a US 12 in pretty much all sneakers, and a US 11 in the DMs. bought the postmans in a US 11, but they are much narrower than i expected. australian distributors don't seem to stock half-sizes, so it's either these or a US 12. the leather is so thick that i'm finding it difficult to tell if they're too short or not.

Captain Insano

Reaction score
@BootGuy
All of my Redwings with the exception of the Brogue Ranger (8126 - made in USA, but non-USDM boot) are listed on this USA Red Wing Heritage site including the Postmans you asked about. It describes the leather in each shoe description, including copper rough and tough in the boots/shoe descriptions that leather is used for. I have it in my Postmans (3107) and Iron Rangers (8115) and I personally love the copper rough and tough leather.
http://www.redwingheritage.com/us/U...;sid=Ng95iguW2n58ilz16TV4igvpmUdA6KTeD23WwjL0

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member