1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

I just saw these Red Wing boots for EUR 125 instead of EUR 249. Not sure if I should buy them since I already have plenty of boots (but can you have ever enough?). What do you guys think of them?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

I like em, have the dark brown ones myself.

3. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

They look nice and I think will get better with age. Get them.

4. Wupper

Wupper Senior member

Got them. Couldn't resist [​IMG] They look fantastic with a pair of raw denim.

5. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

I just saw these Red Wing boots for EUR 125 instead of EUR 249. Not sure if I should buy them since I already have plenty of boots (but can you have ever enough?). What do you guys think of them?

[​IMG]

my opinion: they look a bit cheap.

but I'm happy you're happy with them.

6. whacked

whacked Senior member

^ Not necessarily. But (not particularly well done) pre-disstressed leather and the RW insignia are huge turn-offs in my eyes. For my money, Blundstone is a much better value in the chelsea work boots category.

Generally though, I don't like how chelsea boots look on chunky lasts.

7. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Senior member

^ Not necessarily. But (not particularly well done) pre-disstressed leather and the RW insignia are huge turn-offs in my eyes. For my money, Blundstone is a much better value in the chelsea work boots category.

Generally though, I don't like how chelsea boots look on chunky lasts.

agreed. chelsea boot with a low profile, leather sole is very sleek and cool. pre-distressed anything always comes off as not genuine to me.

1 person likes this.
  8. WorkingTitle

WorkingTitle Senior member

How do people feel about the Red Wing 1920?

9. fashionnoob

fashionnoob Senior member

What does everyone think of these ones at j crew?

[​IMG]

10. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

What does everyone think of these ones at j crew?

[​IMG]

I love them, wish they would go on sale!

11. fashionnoob

I like them too, but not quite as much as the Red Wing Gentleman's Travelers that zappos used to have: [​IMG] It seems like those have been discontinued, however.

12. mmm

mmm Senior member

13. fashionnoob

14. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

[​IMG][/quote]

Sorry, but I don't like them at all...I really hate boots with the black stretch piece though, so I might not be the one to go to on this [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

^but chelsea boots are a classic of menswear! i think they look especially great with jeans too.

any pictures of the red wing 1920? can't seem to find any on google images.

i like some of their styles (like the gentlemen traveler) but most of them seem a bit too bulky for my tastes. however, i have a red wing outlet near my house, and may take a looksee when i get the time. last time i was there they had quite the extensive selection of boots and shoes.

16. stickonatree

stickonatree Senior member

oh, and for those of you looking to order the gentleman traveler: http://www.redwingcasuals.com/mens/h...traveler.html# i found that through the style code (4 digit number), you can call in to any store on their website and they'll ship it direct from their factory. i don't believe they're discontinued, the lady on the phone told me they still had all sizes. she also confirmed that they ran half a size LARGE, so order 1/2 size smaller than your normal size if you are looking to purchase these online.

17. fashionnoob

oh, and for those of you looking to order the gentleman traveler:

http://www.redwingcasuals.com/mens/h...traveler.html#

i found that through the style code (4 digit number), you can call in to any store on their website and they'll ship it direct from their factory. i don't believe they're discontinued, the lady on the phone told me they still had all sizes.

she also confirmed that they ran half a size LARGE, so order 1/2 size smaller than your normal size if you are looking to purchase these online.

thanks stick, this could be very helpful as i've wanted these for a while. i've been kicking myself since i passed them up last fall.

to clarify, i'm assuming that you order by calling one of the land-based red wing retailers and asking them to ship from the factory and NOT one of the online retailers (zappos et al.) is that right?

18. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Zappos has the GTs back in stock in Black Cherry Red.
    Seems like they only got one in each size.
    I just ordered the 10.5.

19. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

20. smw356

smw356 Senior member

Red Wing stores often have some pretty decent sales like 10-25% off all boots. I'm not 100% sure that you could combine that with having them special order a pair of GT's but I was able to with a special order for a pair of 875's (which they didn't carry in store). So if there is one in your area it might be worth looking into.