• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

rolling green

Reaction score
5030295584_64a5b04eab_z.jpg

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
I was set to order RW GTs in a 9.5, as I normally wear a 9.5 Clark DB and a 9 in Doc Matins (though both are just a tad too narrow on me). I thought I was a 10E in US sizing.

I went into the RW store to see if they had any GTs in stock (or anything else on that last) for me to try on. They didn't, but the sales guy measured my feet and tried to convince me I need a RW 10 as my feel are getting wider!!

So now I'm confused! I definitely won't buy from eBay or B&S now. Will order from RW or Shoebuy and keep returning till I get it right, I guess.
confused.gif

So I went to the RW store in my home town .. but they didn't carry the GT's, so I asked to be measured. I measured in a little over a 10 on their what was probably TTS scale. Which sounds right, for the most part I'm pretty safe ordering a 10. Lady at the RW store thought a 9.5-10 would fit, but I was uncomfortable spending that kind of money on a pair boots without trying them on first.

Ended up at U&I Boutique in Montreal, and they had the GT's in stock. And started trying on. Started at the 10 .. 9 .. finally 8.5.

They do fit slim, and the break-in period was pretty painful. But I'm sitting here now with a perfect fitting size 8.5 RW GT's.

If you have wide feet, or prefer bulky socks .. might not want to size down so much. I have fairly narrow feet and only wear dress socks with the GT's as regular socks make the boots too tight.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, if you hadn't sized down over 1.5 sizes, regular socks wouldn't make the boots so tight.

eczerwonka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
Hey guys I changed my mind, I am getting these: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info....wn-Boomer.html

thoughts? they are so freaking nice wow

I like those a lot actually, nice cross between the GTs and IRs . I have a pair of brown Iron Rangers (which these look like without the cap toe) and have worn them almost everyday for over a year to replace my aging 2970s. I commute on a motorcycle everyday and they've held up better than I thought and have aged pretty well. I can't say enough good things about the cork sole. Right now I'm having that same sole put on my old 2970s. That Nitril Cork sole has taken a daily beating on mostly asphalt and have hardly worn down at all. Really tough stuff.

I like them but I can see where some here would think they are pretty fugly.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
LOL, if you hadn't sized down over 1.5 sizes, regular socks wouldn't make the boots so tight.
LOL eh .. I had the same thought. But, when I bought them I tried them on wearing dress socks. Sized down until they fit, and they fit great. When I got home I put on regular socks .. and after an afternoon wearing them I couldn't stand. So back to dress socks until they've got a few more months of wear on 'em. Only worn 'em a dozen or two times, so maybe at some point I might be able to wear normal socks once the leather loosens.

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayRod
Can anybody help me out with buying the right size Wabasha boots? I wear a size 8.5 in Converse Chuck Taylors and a 9 or 9.5 in most other sneakers or boots.

I just tried these on. The fit TTS. I'm a 9.5 in sperrys, vans slip-ons, and a 9 in chucks.

ysb

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one of RW's heavier duty offerings for a winter boot. I'm in Boston and I need a boot that can handle the occasional blizzard and the subsequent slushfuck that follows. I wanted to get some people's opinions on the white vibram wedge sole in snow situations. it looks like the tread doesn't run too deep so once those wear through you'll have zero traction. can people comment please? anyways, I'm looking at these three models, wanted to know if people had experience with any of them. 4465 http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1782 411 (this looks like the 875/1907 but insulated) http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=2034 877 (8 inch version of the 875) http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1044

halisray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eczerwonka
I like those a lot actually, nice cross between the GTs and IRs . I have a pair of brown Iron Rangers (which these look like without the cap toe) and have worn them almost everyday for over a year to replace my aging 2970s. I commute on a motorcycle everyday and they've held up better than I thought and have aged pretty well. I can't say enough good things about the cork sole. Right now I'm having that same sole put on my old 2970s. That Nitril Cork sole has taken a daily beating on mostly asphalt and have hardly worn down at all. Really tough stuff.

I like them but I can see where some here would think they are pretty fugly.

so you think they are ugly lol?

ma1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bearlydavid
I have those. You will not be disappointed.

Im thinking of buying these, but what the hell is a cushion crepe sole? Is it a crepe sole? If it is it can't possibly be a good winter boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads