Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

2. J_Stallz

J_Stallz Member

[​IMG]

New Soles?

3. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

No, been through a lot in short time

4. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

I was set to order RW GTs in a 9.5, as I normally wear a 9.5 Clark DB and a 9 in Doc Matins (though both are just a tad too narrow on me). I thought I was a 10E in US sizing.

I went into the RW store to see if they had any GTs in stock (or anything else on that last) for me to try on. They didn't, but the sales guy measured my feet and tried to convince me I need a RW 10 as my feel are getting wider!!

So now I'm confused! I definitely won't buy from eBay or B&S now. Will order from RW or Shoebuy and keep returning till I get it right, I guess. [​IMG]

So I went to the RW store in my home town .. but they didn't carry the GT's, so I asked to be measured. I measured in a little over a 10 on their what was probably TTS scale. Which sounds right, for the most part I'm pretty safe ordering a 10. Lady at the RW store thought a 9.5-10 would fit, but I was uncomfortable spending that kind of money on a pair boots without trying them on first.

Ended up at U&I Boutique in Montreal, and they had the GT's in stock. And started trying on. Started at the 10 .. 9 .. finally 8.5.

They do fit slim, and the break-in period was pretty painful. But I'm sitting here now with a perfect fitting size 8.5 RW GT's.

If you have wide feet, or prefer bulky socks .. might not want to size down so much. I have fairly narrow feet and only wear dress socks with the GT's as regular socks make the boots too tight.

5. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

LOL, if you hadn't sized down over 1.5 sizes, regular socks wouldn't make the boots so tight.

6. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Just got a pair of Chukka 3140s, what products would yall recommend if I don't want to darken the leather too much? Thanks.

7. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Senior member

Hey guys I changed my mind, I am getting these: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info....wn-Boomer.html

thoughts? they are so freaking nice wow

I like those a lot actually, nice cross between the GTs and IRs . I have a pair of brown Iron Rangers (which these look like without the cap toe) and have worn them almost everyday for over a year to replace my aging 2970s. I commute on a motorcycle everyday and they've held up better than I thought and have aged pretty well. I can't say enough good things about the cork sole. Right now I'm having that same sole put on my old 2970s. That Nitril Cork sole has taken a daily beating on mostly asphalt and have hardly worn down at all. Really tough stuff.

I like them but I can see where some here would think they are pretty fugly.

8. imschatz

imschatz Senior member

LOL, if you hadn't sized down over 1.5 sizes, regular socks wouldn't make the boots so tight.
    LOL eh .. I had the same thought. But, when I bought them I tried them on wearing dress socks. Sized down until they fit, and they fit great. When I got home I put on regular socks .. and after an afternoon wearing them I couldn't stand. So back to dress socks until they've got a few more months of wear on 'em. Only worn 'em a dozen or two times, so maybe at some point I might be able to wear normal socks once the leather loosens.

9. chethondo

chethondo Well-Known Member

Can anybody help me out with buying the right size Wabasha boots? I wear a size 8.5 in Converse Chuck Taylors and a 9 or 9.5 in most other sneakers or boots.

I just tried these on. The fit TTS. I'm a 9.5 in sperrys, vans slip-ons, and a 9 in chucks.

10. halisray

halisray Senior member

11. ysb

ysb Senior member

I'm thinking about getting one of RW's heavier duty offerings for a winter boot. I'm in Boston and I need a boot that can handle the occasional blizzard and the subsequent slushfuck that follows. I wanted to get some people's opinions on the white vibram wedge sole in snow situations. it looks like the tread doesn't run too deep so once those wear through you'll have zero traction. can people comment please? anyways, I'm looking at these three models, wanted to know if people had experience with any of them. 4465 http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1782 411 (this looks like the 875/1907 but insulated) http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=2034 877 (8 inch version of the 875) http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1044

12. halisray

halisray Senior member

I like those a lot actually, nice cross between the GTs and IRs . I have a pair of brown Iron Rangers (which these look like without the cap toe) and have worn them almost everyday for over a year to replace my aging 2970s. I commute on a motorcycle everyday and they've held up better than I thought and have aged pretty well. I can't say enough good things about the cork sole. Right now I'm having that same sole put on my old 2970s. That Nitril Cork sole has taken a daily beating on mostly asphalt and have hardly worn down at all. Really tough stuff.

I like them but I can see where some here would think they are pretty fugly.

so you think they are ugly lol?

13. bearlydavid

bearlydavid Senior member

14. ma1

ma1 Senior member

I have those. You will not be disappointed.

Im thinking of buying these, but what the hell is a cushion crepe sole? Is it a crepe sole? If it is it can't possibly be a good winter boot.

15. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Senior member

so you think they are ugly lol?

Lol, not even close. What I said was, I can see where some people here might think they are. Big difference.