Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

These are the only Red Wings that matter:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. halisray

halisray Senior member

I just received my boots (IR Amber Harness) in the mail, put them on. A bit tight around the sides but my toes have plenty of room, ankle feels a bit weird but I guess the boots will form to my foot in a few weeks. I went down half a size and Ive never really worn boots before, used to canvas shoes.. so the feeling is kinda weird at the moment lol. Not too tight though which is nice, but I see some blistering in the future, especially my ankle. Considering buying a inner sole, thoughts?

Thanks for all the help

3. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

I'm thinking of getting these bad boys: http://www.cultizm.com/product_info....r-Harness.html I've gotten a better price, I just wanted to show you guys the actual picture - what do you think? In my other shoes I am a 11.5 - says that I should size down 1, so I should get these in a 10.5? thanks!
    wow weird that it costs 299 USD there's a shoe store in downtown Toronto that sells GTs and Iron rangers in the regular colours for 299 canadian, and most people use a 10% newsletter discount and 20% birthday discount, http://www.getoutsideshoes.com/brand...ange=&sorting= i'm waiting till boxing day or when i get a birthday discount code to get the amberharness iron rangers, prob will look good with the queen's jacket

4. halisray

halisray Senior member

wow weird that it costs 299 USD there's a shoe store in downtown Toronto that sells GTs and Iron rangers in the regular colours for 299 canadian, and most people use a 10% newsletter discount and 20% birthday discount, http://www.getoutsideshoes.com/brand...ange=&sorting= i'm waiting till boxing day or when i get a birthday discount code to get the amberharness iron rangers, prob will look good with the queen's jacket
    I got a discount, i got them for $258 CAD. in other news, I got some Bickmore's Neatsfoot Oil from my local saddlery they highly recommended it for my boots, I will look into getting that Obenaufs protection.

5. doubleb

doubleb Well-Known Member

Are there any Red Wing boots that would work with dress pants?

I haven't seen the GT's or IR's up close, but they look like they may work with dress pants (but then again, maybe not).

They definitely look good with jeans, but dress pants? Is that a stretch? The IR's look like they have a thin sole and they may work.

6. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

u can get redwings right now for 30% off + free shipping @ americanapparel.net [​IMG] selection is pretty weak though use this code: FREESHIP30

7. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

I am about to buy some red wings but I can't decide on a stlye, all I know is that I want a soft toe uninsulated. I know most people here like IR or GT but I am not interested in those. I just need a boot that I can wear during the winter or the summer, cold winter that is.

8. Icarium

Icarium Senior member

Are there any Red Wing boots that would work with dress pants? I haven't seen the GT's or IR's up close, but they look like they may work with dress pants (but then again, maybe not). They definitely look good with jeans, but dress pants? Is that a stretch? The IR's look like they have a thin sole and they may work.
    I have cherry GTs and completely love them. That being said, I would only wear them to work on a nasty, snowy day. Plus, I wouldn't be doing that with dress trousers. They have that slightly upturned toe, and it's not a look people really associate with business dress. I'm sure most forums members would recommend Alden's or something instead. Also, I don't know how many people have this problem... but the gusseted tongue kills my ankle at the place where it connects to the sidewall on my GTs. Eventually I took them to a cobbler and had him use leather shears to trim it back. Now the tongue joins the sidewall about an inch further down, and I feel no pain at all. Should have done that before I even tried to walk in them. If anyone has this problem, a little snip snip and you are walking in comfort.

9. ysb

ysb Senior member

Hi guys, just a check here to see what's the deal with these RW's that I picked up. I've noticed that for the most part every other RW out there has "Red Wing Shoes" with the wing logo stamped on them somewhere. This pair that I have just says "Red Wings". Maybe it's an older style? They feel nice and legit but was wondering if they changed their logo. Thanks [​IMG]

10. mossmadness88

mossmadness88 Active Member

Hi guys, just a check here to see what's the deal with these RW's that I picked up. I've noticed that for the most part every other RW out there has "Red Wing Shoes" with the wing logo stamped on them somewhere. This pair that I have just says "Red Wings". Maybe it's an older style? They feel nice and legit but was wondering if they changed their logo.

Thanks

[​IMG]

Nothing wrong with that logo. That is just an older style. The new "throwbacks" use the updated logo on them because they weren't around when red wing was putting logos on their boots, so they just slap the new logo on them. But Red Wing boots that you might consider to look like throwbacks, but are actually boots that red wing has been producing forever, still use the original logo on them from when Red Wing first made them. So if Red Wing was using Logo A when this boot was first made, Red Wing will keep using Logo A on it, even if the Company now uses Logo B as their logo. Red Wing is really good about keeping everything the same as far as a particular boot goes.

11. mossmadness88

mossmadness88 Active Member

Are there any Red Wing boots that would work with dress pants?

I haven't seen the GT's or IR's up close, but they look like they may work with dress pants (but then again, maybe not).

They definitely look good with jeans, but dress pants? Is that a stretch? The IR's look like they have a thin sole and they may work.

I think there are some Red Wings that can maybe be pulled off with non-jeans, but not really dress pants. the GTs or IRs could maybe work with a pair of cords or casual tweeds, but not dress pants. The only ones that might possibly work are the Postmans, but I don't think, as a boot, they look all that great.

12. Ispy

Ispy Senior member

u can get redwings right now for 30% off + free shipping @ americanapparel.net

[​IMG]

selection is pretty weak though

use this code: FREESHIP30

The fact that you can now buy these at AA may have just killed them for me. Fuck, cause I love my boots.

13. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

I am about to buy some red wings but I can't decide on a stlye, all I know is that I want a soft toe uninsulated. I know most people here like IR or GT but I am not interested in those. I just need a boot that I can wear during the winter or the summer, cold winter that is.

1907s

14. walked2far

walked2far New Member

If anyone is interested, 6" Iron Ranger boots in Amber or Black Harness on sale for $165 (after code: AUTUMN02) w/ free 2 day shipping from endless.com.

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

RW Wabasha Chukka. Aside from the mini lug sole, and pre-distressed nature of the boot, they pretty much speak for themselves. Run one half size large.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]