• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Gucci Loafers...Too Alternative Lifestyle-y?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
videocrew FTMFW!

bounce2.gif

GucciMonster

Reaction score
Tell her the Guccimonsterâ„¢ says it's okay

rellison

Reaction score
I am a 5'9" Jewish guy with dark skin (some people say I look Indian). I have no digital camera but I have my cell phone pics of the shoes which I don't know how to post on the forum, so I just have to say that they are the classic Gucci horsebit loafers in a dark burgundy. Do you guys know how to upload a cell phone picture to Styleforum? They are not salmon-colored like the ones posted above by someone else.

Like I said, my girlfriend says they're icky. Ladies in lobby of my building, and the chick visiting from LA, say they're sexy. I kind of like the attention, but don't want to be laughed at; I want to be fashionable. I want to improve my style without looking ridiculous. Thoughts?

rellison

Reaction score
Here is a link to the shoes I bought:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...8052&ev19=1:13

The 2 questions I have are:

1) People on the forum have commented that these shoes are bad for walking (which I would do a little bit in them) because the nubs on the bottom come off and they are not meant for walking anyway. Are Gucci loafers (or are they driving mocs?) made to withstand mild walking?

2) The style...what do you think? How do I pull this off?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rellison

1) People on the forum have commented that these shoes are bad for walking (which I would do a little bit in them) because the nubs on the bottom come off and they are not meant for walking anyway. Are Gucci loafers (or are they driving mocs?) made to withstand mild walking?

those are drivers. drivers are for driving. if you wear them around and on hard surfaces the nubs will wear - that is a simple fact with them. i'm wearing drivers today, but I'm on carpet all day.

i think they aren't too bad (I'd wear them). my guess is that on you they come across kind of....well, like the persians in this south park episode:

http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/southp...hpark-1106.htm

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those can be worn with jeans and a white shirt. they aren't bad 'cause they are not red red!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_0003-2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0002.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0001-4.jpg
[/IMG]

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
happysocks.com

the socks work well enough if the rest of the outfit is subdued (as much as one can be with reddish loafers on).
for what its worth, i get compliments whenever i wear them.

Kudo for the Socks
smile.gif

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saved a picture from the sartorialist once of a guy wearing white pants, and a navy blazer with red shoes, and I thought it worked really well.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the shoes I bought: http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...8052&ev19=1:13 The 2 questions I have are: 1) People on the forum have commented that these shoes are bad for walking (which I would do a little bit in them) because the nubs on the bottom come off and they are not meant for walking anyway. Are Gucci loafers (or are they driving mocs?) made to withstand mild walking? 2) The style...what do you think? How do I pull this off?
Honestly, man. If you like them, I say rock them. Your girlfriend may not love them, but that is fine. She'll get over it. I'm sure you don't love everything she wears every day. The fact that you have gotten attention from other women tells you that the loafers aren't wholly hideous to women at large. What matters most is how YOU feel about them. Sure, they aren't shoes you will wear every day. But I think they are great for the summer time. As I mentioned earlier, I have literally gotten compliments every day that I've worn mine. Most recently from random women in the street.

Animal Farm

Reaction score
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our shoes, but in ourselves, that we are underlings!

If you're having doubts, don't wear them. There's nothing less fashionable than someone who looks uncomfortable in his clothing.

If you know deep down you can rock them, then do it, and don't look to others for approval.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanjida191