• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me some stylish bags please

Daily555

Reaction score
Originally Posted by contaygious
100 won't get you very far for a nice quality bag.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...=&icid=viewall

Urban Outfitters was a good suggestion.

You're paying strictly for the name when you buy a designer bag. A $100 bag will last just as long as a $2000 bag. These aren't suits where the quality of construction comes into play. You aren't paying for "quality" when you buy a Prada bag. You're paying for a bag that says Prada on it-which is fine-but don't get things confused here...

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll second the nomination for that Banana Republic bag. I have one that I use when I want to travel light - it has worked out well.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ever since i have been wearing jeans more often (raw/slim/skinny/etc) i have had the necessity to buy a messenger bag myself.

ive been looking all over..i have been wanting something in a discrete-looking, brown vintage-looking leather shoulder messenger bag big enough to fit all my wallet, keys, phone and stuff into it without having the bag too large.

my wife wanted me to get a gucci monogram canvas bag and while nice the one they have for fall 08 it is just not my taste/style. i dont want any attention going to the bag.

i found it, this is the best bag. i got it and looks great and is very qualitative with magnetic enclosure and zippers and a nice, thick, chunky, leather feel but lightweight bag.

http://www.tumi.com/products/index.c...ink=DetailShot

i was looking into 500dollar gucci or 750 dollar bally messenger bags ,and bags from outlets and urban outfitters, barney coop, but nothing came up as good overall as this Tumi

i encourage anyone looking into a messenger bag to check this bag out. it is discrete and actually really enhances your look. chic but still masculine looking. others i checked out look like handbags for women some of them. the brown one is nice, the black is good but brown is better.

93878_1_5.jpg

93878_1_2.jpg

Pharmguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by contaygious
100 won't get you very far for a nice quality bag.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...=&icid=viewall

Urban Outfitters was a good suggestion.

You're paying strictly for the name when you buy a designer bag. A $100 bag will last just as long as a $2000 bag. These aren't suits where the quality of construction comes into play. You aren't paying for "quality" when you buy a Prada bag. You're paying for a bag that says Prada on it-which is fine-but don't get things confused here...

My recommendation is to save some more money and spend it on a Saddleback leather bag. I have their large satchel and it's excellent. I also have a "bible bag" from Vagabond leather. It was considerable cheaper in price; however, it shows. The leather is thin and the seams are uneven. If I ever need another bag, I'll be looking at Saddleback or Filson.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This isn't true across the board. There are some brands and some high end lines from certain brands that really are very well made. Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Valextra, Bottega Venetta just to name a few. Top shelf stuff at the high end, some of the best leather is used, along with old world artisanal construction (read hand prep'd, dyed, stitched and finished). Granted, you will pay a premium from these brands for their very high end stuff. More than you would pay at say SAB who can rival (and most likely best) their construction, but don't offer as large a variety of designs as they are based on a more traditional model.

For any machine made bag, you will find construction differences in quality up to a point, but yes, you do start paying for name a lot sooner than if they are hand constructed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads