• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a scotch in the 80-100 range.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Now I'm torn.

I stopped by the shop to return the Laphroaig 30 and he said he may be able to get a bottle of the Lagavulin 21 and trade. I was planning to grab three or four bottles in exchange for the Laphroaig, but what say you?

lefty

Whoever winds up with the Lagavulin will have gotten the better end of the deal (slightly). Whether it be for drinking or collecting, the Lagavulin will be your better bet (while I didn't love the Laphroaig 30yr, I thought it was one of the most interesting and difficult to pick apart while drinking).

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Now I'm torn.

I stopped by the shop to return the Laphroaig 30 and he said he may be able to get a bottle of the Lagavulin 21 and trade. I was planning to grab three or four bottles in exchange for the Laphroaig, but what say you?

lefty

I say get the Lagavulin 21 and don't think twice about it. I am a big fan of the Laphroaig 30, but I'd take the Laga 21 anytime over it and virtually any other scotch on the market.

AlarmGuy79

Reaction score
I<3Bacon;3222008 said:
There was a stockpile of the 2005 Talisker bottling of the 25yr old found in Brooklyn recently. Seems like a couple gentlemen secured all the cases and then proceeded to unload them on ebay for ~$150ish (at one point, one of them was selling them for $139 shipped/bottle).
If I were to purchase a bottle from the ebay link, how would I know if these bottles were legit? Legit labels and bottles etc.?

Sounds like an excellent deal and wouldn't mind picking up a bottle or two to enjoy and one to collect.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlarmGuy79
If I were to purchase a bottle from the ebay link, how would I know if these bottles were legit? Legit labels and bottles etc.?

Sounds like an excellent deal and wouldn't mind picking up a bottle or two to enjoy and one to collect.

The deal isn't as good now... best I see at the moment is $149 shipped, which still beats the $185 I can get the 2008 bottling for.

If they are NOT legit, they faithfully reproduced the contents of the bottle (
smile.gif
) as well as the individually numbered bottle labels and boxes. The ones I received also had the box sleeves.

Most counterfeiters tend to go for ancient bottlings that are harder to vouch for (like old 1970's Ardbegs or vintage 50's/60's Taliskers and the like), are worth a hell of a lot more than $150 if they were real, and have far simpler labels. Also, for whatever reason, the majority of the counterfeits seem to be coming out of Italy.

MrNick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montrachet
Macallans has a holiday box for $100 with one bottle of 12 year and one of 18 year. I hope to find this under my tree.

This.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads