• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

recommend a good tv series to me

fffffut

Reaction score
i dont know if you like comedies, but eastbound and down is great
its on hbo and i think a new season is starting soon

farraj18

Reaction score
Heist is worthwhile.

Entourage, but judging by how much time you have, I'm gonna go ahead and say you've been there and done that too.

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
there was a space of a few years that i didn't keep up on shows intently so when i got into watching some shows there was so much great stuff i hadn't seen. now i've gone through and watched most everything and loved tons of stuff from the last decade but i have not a lot of love for some of the most recent most popular stuff like true blood and mad men so i'm kind of stuck waiting for something new again.

i really don't like keeping up with shows during the season at all. and even getting the dvds after each season is kind of depressing because i hate to have that feeling of waiting for a whole year for new episodes.

i really have the most enjoyment from having a completed work with all seasons already available on dvd so i can sit and watch as much as i want as fast as i want. i recently did this with the wire and find that not only was the wire excellent but being able to watch through all 5 seasons makes a huge difference in my love of the process.

when i started dexter i really loved it and now that i have to sit and wait for new season i am kind of disenchanted already.

the last hope i have for this year is starting breaking bad since i have yet to see it and it looks like i'll be almost guaranteed to like it.. but then i'll be stuck waiting for the next season.. so i almost want to wait a few years.

it's weird but i love the flood of great new titillation that comes from just not paying attention for a while.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black Books was a funny BBC show IMO. Mighty Boosh too.

mattt

Reaction score
Some shows that you have probably seen already but haven't been mentioned:

It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia
The Office
Spartacus: Blood and Sand (totally underrated pure entertainment+lots of ****)
How I Met Your Mother
Fringe
The Boondocks

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FlashForward is entertaining. Watch all of Frasier. If you can find it, I watched the only season of Lock, Stock, and.... It was before the movie I think. Only has 6 or 7 episodes but it quite a good series.
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
30 Rock. Fantastic show. Also I have a huge nerd crush on Liz/Tina Fey.
I've never understood the phenomenon of 30 Rock. I've given it a legitimate chance and it is completely unfunny and uninteresting.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 on Boondocks, great show. Riley is my hero.

t_456.jpg

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
I've never understood the phenomenon of 30 Rock. I've given it a legitimate chance and it is completely unfunny and uninteresting.

Not a huge fan either. But it isn't completely bad - I think Alec Baldwin's character has good lines and Tracey Jordan's character can be written well at times (e.g. Wearwolf Barmitzvah). In general I don't really think it can hold a candle to Arrested Development in terms of recent comedy series. I do religiously watch it on flights though, as sometimes it is the funniest thing available.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot

I liked the first two seasons, but after that Tina Fey's character just became too obnoxious.

Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Did anyone mention Archer?

Originally Posted by Jekyll
Seriously? You must watch a ****-ton of TV...

A Bit of Fry and Laurie, Jeeves and Wooster, Mr Show, That Mitchell and Webb Look, NewsRadio, Archer, Secret Agent/Danger Man (w/ Patrick McGoohan of The Prisoner), certain episodes of Dr Who, Torchwood: Children of Earth, maybe Ashes to Ashes (I've only seen the first season which is decent but not as good as Life on Mars)

skinnyman

Reaction score
Your local library may have a mixture of new and old tv series on dvd, you might see something interesting if you go in and browse. Also, are you a fan of animation? The original 5 season run of Futurama was excellent. I loved all the characters and the humour is really smart. It's also incredibly quotable, there's a thread here somewhere about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads