• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the item. Jil does manufacturing all over the place (just like Dior). I have some shirts that are MIJ that are clut slimmer and suits are cut differently depending on the season and styling. I would say the quality is probably slightly better than Dior, but it really depends on the individual pieces.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G-Star%20New%20Garber%20Wool%20Trenchn-3.jpg
G-star wool trench. It was a pain ********** looking for a non-black single breasted wool coat that didn't look generic and didn't cost an arm and a leg. Now I just need to remove the G-star label from the left arm.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
It depends on the item. Jil does manufacturing all over the place (just like Dior). I have some shirts that are MIJ that are clut slimmer and suits are cut differently depending on the season and styling. I would say the quality is probably slightly better than Dior, but it really depends on the individual pieces.

Are you sure? As far as I know, Jil does all their manufacturing in Italy in house. They have their own factories even for suits and shoes. Church's used to manufacture their shoes but it is now in house except for the handmade lines which is done by Lattanzi.

Maybe the MIJ was before?

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they have their own in house factories but yes they do make certain stuff in Japan, or at least that's what it says on the tag XD

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ignore these guys sho, jil sander is terrible. Worst brand ever.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
I'm not sure if they have their own in house factories but yes they do make certain stuff in Japan, or at least that's what it says on the tag XD

according to my SA every things made in italy cept the jeans. and everything is pretty much in house now.

and he seems to be the most knowledgeable person on jil sander alive

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice pick up

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
perhaps for this season, but in S/S they had a number of pieces that were manufactured in Japan.

Nice pickup!

AlohaAloha

Reaction score
J.M. Weston Triple-Leather Sole Tan Boxcalf Blucher Wingtips. My first pair of shoes with metal heel and toe taps, definitely let's them know you're coming. I just can't decide if I'm going to have them stretched a bit or go through the ordeal like a man. I got some Brown Scotch Grain Golf's about two months back that I lathered with Black Saphir, it's a cool effect but they definitely look ten years old now. Last and definitely not least my Tan Suede Leather Soul x Alden Indy Boots.

Ringo

Reaction score
How does the sizing run on JS shoes? I tried on a pair of loafers a year or so ago and recall having to size down. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what my size would be (normally a US 9.5 or 10) would be, as they only had sizes that were way too small or too big.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for a lot of the lace ups you need to size down 1.5

im a us 11 and i wear size 9.5

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't own any Jil shoes, but at Saks I tried on a cool pair of 7.5 (8.5 US) and they were huge on my feet. I think I might have to size down a full size to 6.5 (7.5 US). You should never buy shoes unless you've tried them on before.

Ringo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
for a lot of the lace ups you need to size down 1.5

im a us 11 and i wear size 9.5

In your case, is the 9.5 the size on the shoe/box (UK size, if I remember correctly), or the "US equivalent" size, i.e. UK 8.5/US 9.5? Hopefully that makes sense....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads