• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
Have not posted much lately, but i have picked up a few things, since I have had some luck on selling things on Ebay the last couple weeks.

Some New Loake and Herring Chukkas
DSC02261.jpg

Which is which? Might you name the herring model name?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Loakes are on the left and they are the Sahara suede boots and the Herrings are on the right, and yes they are the Strathclydes. They seem OK. I just got them the other day, so I have not worn them yet. I am sure that much better could be found, but i just have a hard time spending more than 200.00 for a pair of shoes right now. They are made by Loake, so they should hold up well with time. i just bough them because I wanted a shoe with a rubber sole for the winter and the rain.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the sole stitching on the inside? I often dislike blake stitched shoes because you can feel the stitches on the inside.

Francisco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
The Loakes are on the left and they are the Sahara suede boots and the Herrings are on the right, and yes they are the Strathclydes. They seem OK. I just got them the other day, so I have not worn them yet. I am sure that much better could be found, but i just have a hard time spending more than 200.00 for a pair of shoes right now. They are made by Loake, so they should hold up well with time. i just bough them because I wanted a shoe with a rubber sole for the winter and the rain.

I intend to get a suede shoes for a place full of rain too but wouldn't the suede be damage with water contact?

james_gsx

Reaction score
Just picked up a Hickey Freeman suit for $300 down from $1545. Navy, soft pinstripe. Only downside (if you call it that) is it's a 3B - but I don't really care as I was in desperate need for a navy suit and it was a great deal.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson
1629169-rescaledpic-375x500.jpg

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
what a witty lighter haha. very nice pickup. ebay?

Yep. There is a guy that has a few pieces from the war including several lighters.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KF3516-1.jpg
and a few more borrelli pants+shirts & attolini sweaters. And one Zegna jacket from Dr Ducky!

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmulford
KF3516-1.jpg

and a few more borrelli pants+shirts & attolini sweaters. And one Zegna jacket from Dr Ducky!

Pimp **** mayne..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads