• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Received pants from W.W. Chan

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
Yes, and here's a picture of me in lightweight Incotex, after alterations. As you can see, they're more voluminous than the pair above. I can only imagine what extra services you'd think a pair of Ambrosi pants would be required to perform, since they're nearly twice the price of Chan.

coats70ahc9.jpg

From what I can see of the Incos you're wearing they look great on you. Have you tried their flannels? Unless you are uber thin I can't see them being any different from the MTM trou as far as fit and construction and they can be had for $50.

What size are you?

DandySF

Reaction score
AndrewRogers: I think this updated photo provides a more accurate impression of the fit (after tucking in the shirt more carefully and a quick pressing). There's no question these pants are close fitting, but not uncomfortably so.

BigBris: I'm about a 32W, 30L.

pantback.jpg

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
From what I can see of the Incos you're wearing they look great on you. Have you tried their flannels? Unless you are uber thin I can't see them being any different from the MTM trou as far as fit and construction and they can be had for $50.

What size are you?

Where can one get flannel Incos for $50?

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
This would only make sense if your pants performed outstanding recurring BJs.

Have you tried Incotex?

If the OP's pants were part of a suit for which he'd paid $1600, would you have the same reaction? Don't pants require some substantial part of the skill, labor and fabric of a suit? Incotex pants are very nice if they fit you reasonably well. For me, they often don't, so I've got substantial alterations cost, and the pants never fit as well as my suit pants which are made for me. I've also never seen a pair of Incotex in true heavyweight flannel, or, for that matter, in lightweight fresco.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This would only make sense if your pants performed outstanding recurring BJs.

What an insulting and presumptuous statement to make.

OP, pants look great. I'm actually quite impressed that is the case for Chan's first shot.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AndrewRogers: I think this updated photo provides a more accurate impression of the fit (after tucking in the shirt more carefully and a quick pressing). There's no question these pants are close fitting, but not uncomfortably so.

BigBris: I'm about a 32W, 30L.

pantback.jpg

They look much better there.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and here's a picture of me in lightweight Incotex, after alterations. As you can see, they're more voluminous than the pair above. I can only imagine what extra services you'd think a pair of Ambrosi pants would be required to perform, since they're nearly twice the price of Chan.

coats70ahc9.jpg

The pants are great. However, the jacket IMHO is sublime.
Is it also from Chan? or whom?

DandySF

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, the jacket is also from Chan. It's a silk/wool from Holland and Sherry. I like the appearance, but it's a fragile fabric and one that I'm not inclined to repeat. I'm sticking with wool in the future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads