• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place Appreciation thread.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got a few more banging around in my head, not just for mgm. Should we start a new thread so as not to clog up these threads?

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I've got a few more banging around in my head, not just for mgm. Should we start a new thread so as not to clog up these threads?

You have my blessing

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

As long as the only ones about me highlight my many strengths, yes.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
xN42y.jpg

Wdbs4.jpg

3GW4p.jpg

nJsXr.jpg

t1FQq.jpg

wsjDW.jpg

pE3QE.jpg

iYomC.jpg

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All looks lovely. Is that a farmed striped bass? Looks small to be wild.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Manton's cutting comes in and just shoves its balls right in everybody else's raw ingredient mouths.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Manton's cutting comes in and just shoves its balls right in everybody else's raw ingredient mouths.

If Bhowie's going to make up a meme for that, I don't want to see it.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't know if it was farmed. I asked for a small one because I knew we would have leftovers even from that and a big one would have been partially wasted.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that's a farmed one based on what I've seen between it and wild. No real noticeable difference in quality between one or the other, as far as I can tell. If your fish is very fresh, I've kept some bass fillets for upwards of three days, sealed, on ice with very little effect on the overall freshness.

I like your style of fish/meat courses for dinner. I'll usually just focus on one or the other.

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, I think that's a farmed one based on what I've seen between it and wild. No real noticeable difference in quality between one or the other, as far as I can tell. If your fish is very fresh, I've kept some bass fillets for upwards of three days, sealed, on ice with very little effect on the overall freshness.
I like your style of fish/meat courses for dinner. I'll usually just focus on one or the other.

You can always tell the farmed ones because they have broken stripes. I think they are hybrid striped bass/fresh water white bass. Taste, imo, is totally different. Wild has a very gamey flavor, and farmed is more mild. Both are nice in the right context.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never eaten white bass, or seen it in any markets around here. I know you guys get it out in California. What's it most similar to?

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I've never eaten white bass, or seen it in any markets around here. I know you guys get it out in California. What's it most similar to?

OK, so farmed stripe is a hybrid of freshwater white bass and striped bass. What we call white bass out here is white seabass, but it really isn't bass at all. It is a kind of croaker. That said, white seabass (croaker) is a wonderful fish. Very similar to wild striped bass, with a bit more of a tendency to dry out if overcooked, but, in my opinion, a slightly finer texture. I think it is pretty seasonal, because I haven't seen it lately. Right now herring is in season, and there is a good supply for the first time in years. It is wonderful fish, the milt is amazing. I don't know if you will see any out there since most goes to Japan and what doesn't is eaten locally, but if you do, buy it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

One of the things I love about Mike, in every way, is that he keeps traditions alive. It's so consistent across his entire person. Awesome. [/circlejerk]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads