• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Eric, I totally understand your business model and how it is different from, say, brooks brothers. It has gotten to the point that i will not buy from BB unless its 40% off regular price.
In the case of Ratio, I fully intended to try these different fabrics but I was just lazy about it. Your sale pushed me to do it now because I KNOW I wont see one in another 2 weeks like BB because i realize you guys arent dumping excess product like they are. LOVE my name and the date manufactured on the shirt tag, by the way.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone --

We're going to be in Washington DC next weekend for American Field. If you've wanted to get fitted by us in person and live in the area, this would be a great chance to do so. Likewise, if you're a current customer, we'd love to meet you in person and show you some things in person or check your sizing.

Tickets are $5 at the door, but you can get a free one on the Shop AF Website using code: RATIODC

If you'd like to be fitted by our team, we'll have limited appointments available, and spots are already filling up, so grab one as soon as you can. Full details and appointments can be found on our website for the event.

Book an appointment >>

Hope to see you there!

Eric

djs5150

Reaction score
I know y'all are currently testing out the smaller placket on a few shirts, but please, please, please make this a regular option. As a smaller guy who uses smaller proportions, such as the small button-down collar, the large placket looks odd. I just ordered an oxford with the smaller placket and I can't wait to get it! It's been the only reason I haven't ordered more shirts from y'all.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey -

Just a reminder to everyone that we'll be in Washington DC this weekend for Shop AF. Whether you're a new or existing customer, we'd love for you to stop by. We still have a few remaining spots left for fittings, so grab those before they fill up:

Book an appointment >>

Tickets are $5 at the door, but you can get a free one on the Shop AF Website using code: RATIODC

See you this weekend!

Eric

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Ratio dudes. Random question for y'all.

I'm looking to do a white ocbd popover with a western back yoke. I had one like this made a while ago from another brand, and would love a repeat.

Thoughts?

Hey, thanks fo reaching out. The popover we can definitely do, but unfortunately no option for a wester back yoke yet. Might be something we offer down the road, so do check back.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which options give the best collar roll for campus oxfords?

I was thinking Fitz collar, soft unfused, and requesting the raised collar band in checkout?

@mossrockss

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Which options give the best collar roll for campus oxfords?

I was thinking Fitz collar, soft unfused, and requesting the raised collar band in checkout?

@mossrockss

We'd probably suggest an unlined fitz with an oxford (soft unfused for lighter fabrics). We do have numerous folks ask for the raised band, but we generally think of that as more of a personal preference thing and it's mostly intended for clients with long/skinny necks.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'd probably suggest an unlined fitz with an oxford (soft unfused for lighter fabrics). We do have numerous folks ask for the raised band, but we generally think of that as more of a personal preference thing and it's mostly intended for clients with long/skinny necks.
Ah ok, gotcha, that makes sense.

Any other "secret menu" options?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah ok, gotcha, that makes sense.

Any other "secret menu" options?

We have a couple of collar styles in development, but those will be "official" options soon. We do have a few things that customers will occasionally request:

- Omit guantlet/sleeve facing buttons
- Single piece yoke (instead of split)

Things like collar lining, back collar buttons, and locker loops used to be secret menu stuff but are now official (just a little tucked away--so let us know if you can't find them).

Hope that helps.

- Eric

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a couple of collar styles in development, but those will be "official" options soon. We do have a few things that customers will occasionally request:

- Omit guantlet/sleeve facing buttons
- Single piece yoke (instead of split)

Things like collar lining, back collar buttons, and locker loops used to be secret menu stuff but are now official (just a little tucked away--so let us know if you can't find them).

Hope that helps.

- Eric
Can you give us any more info on the new collar styles?

Awesome, that definitely helps Eric, thank you.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you give us any more info on the new collar styles?

Awesome, that definitely helps Eric, thank you.

Sure, yes! We're going to be adding a few longer-point spread and semi-spread styles. We're also adding a camp collar style (and a split straight bottom hem to go with it).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Big fan of this shirt. It's seafoam. Will post the link to the fabric but it's spot on from the website. Well made shirt it's a touch long because I supplied measurements for my dress shirts which I get made longer so they stay tucked in. But this shirt is for casual wear so it's untucked often. A detail i didn't think about. Shoulda added a monogram. When i fit into it again when I regain muscle i will post a fit pic
Stop, children what's that sound? Everybody look what's goin' round...

View attachment 1451100

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads