• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Food Questions Thread

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can use that for lobster as well? Boy, I'd have a lot of fun with that thing.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Git yur duck à la presse on!
So cool. It seems like a bit of a production, and the video makes it look like it can get rather messy, but I just think that having one of those would make the coolest presentation piece, not to mention a delicious sauce.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I would like to buy my girlfriend's mother a chef's knife. I understand this is a personal decision etc, but she will never get it for herself and has started cooking a ton as a hobby, while still using a knife from Vons to labor over everything from carrots to chicken bones. I want to get her a good workhorse that is less than $100, no Japanese steel, something decently heavy that can do everything. All help appreciated.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Le Creuset does not brown as well as All Clad IME and the enamel can flake off. Great braiser though.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
I would like to buy my girlfriend's mother a chef's knife. I understand this is a personal decision etc, but she will never get it for herself and has started cooking a ton as a hobby, while still using a knife from Vons to labor over everything from carrots to chicken bones. I want to get her a good workhorse that is less than $100, no Japanese steel, something decently heavy that can do everything. All help appreciated.

cutlery and more is a good site.
they've got an 8-inch wusthoff for just over that ($120). a messsermeister elite for $100,
and a mac for $80

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd probably go with the MAC, unless you think she'll be impressed by a knife with "elite" stamped on it.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i'd probably go with the MAC, unless you think she'll be impressed by a knife with "elite" stamped on it.

She uses a really small knife now (5" maybe), I'm wondering if a 6" or 7" would be easier for her to handle than the 8".

penis jokes

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
She uses a really small knife now (5" maybe), I'm wondering if a 6" or 7" would be easier for her to handle than the 8".

penis jokes

quite probably. you're in luck! (mrs. robinson joke).

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Le Creuset does not brown as well as All Clad IME and the enamel can flake off. Great braiser though.
You're right because it isn't thick enough. I've done it and been ok with it but if I'm being honest I always use my all clad first. By the way, I upgraded my home stuff to the new d5 line. I like the improvements they made with the better handle and new lip. By upgraded I mean I bought a new 12 in fry pan, 3qt saucier and 3qt saucepan... that's all I use. I just kept the old stock pot.

JhwkMac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
So cool.

It seems like a bit of a production, and the video makes it look like it can get rather messy, but I just think that having one of those would make the coolest presentation piece, not to mention a delicious sauce.

Make sure you buy a 'canard au sang'. which is a special duck that is killed without being bled so that the blood stays inside the animal and can be fully pressed for that oh so wonderful sauce. I've seen this being used a few times on a regular duck where it was just a 'bone jus' being pressed out rather then the blood.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have some nice Cipollini onions to have with our steaks tonight. What's the best technique to caramelize them whole or in halves?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads