• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't remember the reasoning behind it, but today (the 4th) is the 70th anniversary of Denmarks liberation from the German occupation during WW2.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in korea and japan if you look on a map of some kind a lot of times they use a swastika to represent temples. i dont think swastika = nazism is as prevalent in asia as it is in the west

+1. In Japanese maps, the "backwards" (ie traditional) swastika is used to indicate the location of temples.

Also, when I was travelling through Indonesia many years ago, I stayed in a little hotel called the "Swastika Bungalows". Ironically, it was located opposite the local German Consulate!

no the religious one points either way and so did the nazi symbol. plenty of old examples for both

some people then try to make the distinction that the nazi one is tilted 45 degrees but the original ones were 90 degrees

also didn't nazis use it because of the religious connotation? i think for them it was a reference to their indian/aryan origins

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the arms on the Nazi swastika only ever pointed in a clockwise direction (ie pointing to the right). I guess that they might seem to be pointing to the left in some old photos if the negative's been reversed.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1. In Japanese maps, the "backwards" (ie traditional) swastika is used to indicate the location of temples.

Also, when I was travelling through Indonesia many years ago, I stayed in a little hotel called the "Swastika Bungalows". Ironically, it was located opposite the local German Consulate!

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the arms on the Nazi swastika only ever pointed in a clockwise direction (ie pointing to the right). I guess that they might seem to be pointing to the left in some old photos if the negative's been reversed.

i'm fairly certain before the NSDAP officially adopted the symbol they used both left and right swastikas.

hey guys i've got a great idea - let's start the "are swastikas offensive?" argument again!

oh hey another issue i dont care about. let me chime in. "i already had this conversation so nobody else can have it again"

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what pieces would you use to put together the coolest looking douchebag outfit?

jackit - slp

edit: i actually want all these pieces

Is this fashion now? use the most intensely uncomfortable models available?? someone get this guy a burrito and some loungewear

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

$300 on boots or $300 on a cooler?

With a cooler I can put fish that I catch in it. Or sandwiches. And beverages. And vegetables that I harvest for market. And popsicles for my students. And meat from long fishing/hunting trips.

I've been looking for the boots for a while. And with boots I can have a misplaced sense of superiority for wearing expensive clothing while looking like a total crusty. Normally I would always opt for unjustified feelings of contempt for mouthbreathing plebes, but these days I mostly just wanna kick back and cast the fly. Maybe snag some trout for dinner. Then again, I can do all that while having fly ass boots too.

After reading this post I have to ask what the **** is wrong with me

I think i have to give up fashion after reading this

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice.

Who makes an affordable - like, 50$, slim-fit linen safari shirt? I feel like Uniqlo should but they don't seem to.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I swear I JUST saw a linen safari shirt somewhere.
Our Legacy maybe?
I'll go through my history and see if I find it.

3 Prague Winters

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads