• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol!
I still like HL women's ..for women hehe. I do, however, find it weird that they decided to have a diffusion line along side the helmut Lang-less line.

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like some of the more unisex pieces well enough to give them a chance, gendered clothing is so passé (5)

Diffusion line seems to be Fast experimenting with something a bit more fashion forward at a price point similar to COS. Fully expect next Uniqlo collab to either be Theory or HL once they work out the kinks

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Happy new year, Sipang!

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do seasonal collections work in australia? is lanvin f/w 12 in he store right now, and it's just selling out-of-sync with the seasons, or do they hold back and are always a collection behind?

Hold it behind, generally. Or just get it in and **** seasons.

On the other hand, end of season sales usuall work well for the Australians that buy online :).

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone was messing with my phone and accidently placed an order though the gilt app, anyone have any experience cancelling orders with gilt? It says you have 5 min to modify an order on the website but they werent open today so i dont know.... and im ******* pissed because everything ordered is ****.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hahaha please paost in recent purchases,
O#m erj k im drunk looj

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
happy new year motherfuckers

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
anyone else take issue with paying for designer wares based on the 'build quality' aspect? i've come to understand why someone/I would pay a full retail price that's fairly high for a more niche brand label when it comes to either uniqueness, so there's just better design there or interesting features, etc, and then the pure economics of higher costs associated with creating those designs in everything from their time/creativity to interesting materials to smaller production runs, etc... but I've owned stuff ranging from the Gap and H&M to the mid-level guys like W&H, Ervell, etc and nothing's every really reached a stage where it's being worn down that the 'quality' differences are evident. Like if I owned one pair of jeans, in theory I'd only realize after 6-12 months that my Gap ones are junk and fell apart while my APC's would only show wear after a year, and then my Japanese repros are still holding up after 2-3 years (I don't own any of these jeans, just hypothetical), but nowadays I have such a large rotation of stuff and live such a low activity lifestyle that nothing seems to really get any real wearing that durability becomes a factor. So while I buy stuff for good cuts, features, fabrics, etc, buying it for durability seems like a moot point... I mean if I have 8 pairs of jeans and 10-15 other pairs of general pants, am I really going to see that the ones I bought are fading in better than the ones I could have bought? I'm not convinced. And when it comes to fashion items, even in a general public sort of way of 5 year trends, I'm more likely to sell or donate something because I'm just tired of wearing it long before it becomes an item that's actually worn out and needs to be replaced... I've reached a point where my wardrobe is just so full of stuff that even if i find some of it boring, I really can't justify buying another shirt becuase I have 30 practically new looking ones right here and they barely get worn...

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads