• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do grensons compare to trickers? I'mma cop some trickers, but thought about grenson.

I've never handled trickers tbh, haha. but just from pictures and reviews, I think they're on a whole different level. if you have the $ and plan to wear them a lot I wouldn't hesitate to get Trickers.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard people calling Grenson a poor man's Tricker's haha. Its a fine brand for what you pay for tho.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ditto. i watch it and the best thing about it 1.5 seasons in was that m83 song on the last episode. writing is bad and no one would be besting after their ****** crisp clothes

It's an interesting premise, but the execution feels sloppy. It's as though the writers think their work is finished because they have one of the characters mention Japanese ____. Oh, of course this logo hoody is so soft, "it's made of Japanese cotton!" Maybe it would be asking too much if their designs were actually interesting, but it's difficult to suspend disbelief when girls are going nuts over what amounts to a plain hooded sweatshirt with "CRISP" scrawled across the front.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

I've never handled trickers tbh, haha. but just from pictures and reviews, I think they're on a whole different level. if you have the $ and plan to wear them a lot I wouldn't hesitate to get Trickers.

I heard people calling Grenson a poor man's Tricker's haha. Its a fine brand for what you pay for tho.

straight up. Gonna kop me some dope trickers. Wanted leather sole, but for practicality reason I'm getting dainite (winter is a *****, yo). Anyone know anything about Trickers sizing/widths? what's the comparison to Paul Smith?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends on last, but the stow boots are usually on the 4497 or something.

tts (UK), but quite roomy in the toe-box.

For example i'm a true us 8.5 and uk7.5 fits well if a touch roomy. Would not have been able to size down to 7.

Alfa159

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a new pair of jeans own Apc ns.
Triple Works future indigo vs permanent indigo?
Or
RRL

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

depends on last, but the stow boots are usually on the 4497 or something.
tts (UK), but quite roomy in the toe-box.
For example i'm a true us 8.5 and uk7.5 fits well if a touch roomy. Would not have been able to size down to 7.

thank you sir. The ones I'm looking at kopping are 4497 last. I'm a US 8 and I usually kop 6UK in PS shoes (perfect fit). Guess I'll be going 7UK

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looking to pick up a new pair of jeans own Apc ns.
Triple Works future indigo vs permanent indigo?
Or
RRL

Depends what you want. Definitely between the Triple Works Future Indigo and the RRL. The RRLs are much roomier and slouchy. The Triple Works slim fits are really pretty slim through the legs, with a bit more room in the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads