• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's French for steak if I remember correctly, so my guess would be meathead.

Around its also slang for fake drugs.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just hoping it's better than The Suburbs.

You didn't like The Suburbs?! I loved that album.

I'm about halfway through so far, and I can say that the melodies are good and the scope is grand, very heavy reggae influence. Songs are all very long, but with a lot of movement and change within each. Sometimes cacophonous, lots of electronic instrumentation. Lots of crescendos/decrescendos

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank god for a new album to get me through this boring work day. Flashbulb Eyes sounds like old Wolf Parade to me, which is awesome. And I also liked The Suburbs

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you know what is a "beauf"?

Not really a baseball fan, but I did live in Boston for 4 years, and got an appreciation for the Red Sox.

Do you have the pink hat and everything?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank god for a new album to get me through this boring work day. Flashbulb Eyes sounds like old Wolf Parade to me, which is awesome. And I also liked The Suburbs

Just listened to it all the way through and my favorite tracks so far are:

Reflektor
Here Comes the Night Time
You Already Know
Joan of Arc
Awful Sound
It's Never Over
Afterlife
Supersymmetry

hoodyear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must be thinking of boeuf.
Or better yet, bœuf
teacha.gif

Last edited:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beauf is short for beau-frère (brother in law) and has come to mean something along the lines of white trash, joe six pack etc

Last edited:

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
We used to quote Chong Li all the time while playing baseball back in the day. "You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend"

Monica Belluci is usually the best part of any movie. Except maybe that messed up French movie Irreversible which is deeply disturbing on all levels

Her best role was in Irréversible, movie is good not great but still. I like the apartment (Bellucci & Cassel) if you want a romance movie directed like a thriller. She also starred in Garrel's latest movie (a burning hot summer), which was a decent effort from Garrel, in other words a great movie anyway.

It took me a while to get through what seemed to be a never-ending **** scene. I also was not expecting a man to get his face caved in by a fire extinguisher. The Apartment was good

gong

Reaction score
i don't get all the bresson hate, I really enjoyed le diable probablement and thought taxi driver was highly overrated

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nobody got my Taking of Pelham 123 reference. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52