• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
need Van Gogh

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Hats are tough too, b/c (like scarves) they're one of those those things that look absolutely perfect or terrible/try-hard. I've yet to see much in between

Yeah for sure, I want to make sure I do it right. I'd say they're like a combo of scarves and sunglasses - the chances of affected-ness parallels scarves, but, like sunglasses, you really have to hunt and hunt to find the perfect ones for you. But when you do, oh man.

Tween go to assembly and check out the scha hats. I picked up a nonnative one myself, from ss11 but this seasons is awesome

Yeah this is exactly what I plan on doing, but when I went on the Assembly website earlier I saw that they were selling the same turntable I have so I rolled my eyes a bit at them, and myself. Gonna try to make some time this weekend to wander into a bunch of shops to check out hats, then head uptown to see what the department stores picked up. A little bit scared that I'm going to find the perfect one but it will be Lanvin and like $650

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I can pull off a straw/floppy hat, really wish I had been home when you posted that Ervell cap from Barney's toasty, really want one of those suede caps

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TBH you did not miss out on much though the Ervell hat may fit only a particular head shape.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think I can pull off a straw/floppy hat, really wish I had been home when you posted that Ervell cap from Barney's toasty, really want one of those suede caps

the suede cap is still available on barneys website. ?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the things I love most about the PNW is that it has actual seasons. Just by the time I'm starting to grow sick of a certain weather pattern, a new one pops up (though the rain/cold in february/march can drag on a bit long). I love having real Falls and early winters too

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like Pugh more than most, but really?
I bet those are like $3,000 too, right? Who buys Pugh?
Where did you find those? Those are not men's btw... I really like some of Pugh's designs, but some are absurd. I specially wanted this jacket but sold out everywhere :(

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it (minus fabric and extra long sleeves).

I'd rock it all day everyday.

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was some on MyHabit today, mostly AW12 I think, and nothing you can't find elsewhere on Yoox, etc...that jacket was available on Rakuten or Y!JP a while back, might check to see if it's still there. My particular grail is the carapace jacket. Ledger sold one on SZ ages ago and I didn't jump on it
baldy[1].gif

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall someone on SZ actually making one. It was even better than the original.

Thanks, and lol most of it is from the women's collection, and yes there is a difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads