1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

nahneun's explanation was really all i needed.

2. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Been to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pai or Mae Hong Song?

Hard rec on all.

3. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Senior member

Nothing compares to the trauma of listening to Australia wildlife, have you ever hard Wallabies sing? Or Koalas root? Or possums scream?

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Heading to Chiang Mai and the north from the 26th - 1st so some of the places are definitely on the list, you have any super recs for the couple days we'll be up there? I heard Chiang Mai itself will be pretty bumping on New Year's eve (this will be eight New Years in a row all in different countries... damn). Flying down to Phuket early on the 1st and gonna immediately get out of there and head to Phi Phi for scuba diving for two nights and then onto either Railay or Lanta for two more for some relaxing before flying Krabi back to BKK then home. I made these plans and booked hotels and flights last night while drunk and angry at every single domestic airline in Myanmar for giving me the super-runaround on whether or not my tickets were booked (they weren't and now never will be!!). Kinda sad because I really wanted to see Bagan and Myanmar, I have a cool friend from there who posts wacky stuff on Facebook all the time and the country looks like a blast

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  5. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

The hypocrisy of Western feminisms's self-righteous victimhood while they themselves oppress and exploit not only animals but women and men of poorer nations is well illustrated by this recent irony http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arriet-s-45-Feminist-Looks-Like-T-shirts.html

Not to mention the fact the men in the west have poorer physical health, poorer mental health, more likely to be the victims of violence, more likely to die in wars, less social and emotional support and so on and so forth.

It is astonishing the depth of the guilt that has been instilled in young brad-t by this relentless dogma, just for the fact that he has two balls dangling between his thighs; they don't need you to stand up for them, they are plenty good at doing that for themselves.

3 people like this.
  6. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Consider yourself amongst the elite level of morons, joining the likes of Sam Harris in crusading for ignorance via pseudo-intellectualism.

11 people like this.
  7. Babar

Babar Senior member

The problem with terms like cisgender is that they are a trap for people who aren't interested in, or up to speed on, the latest feminist jargon so that they can be accused of prejudice, even though they have no prejudiced bone in their body. To wrongly accuse people of joyfully trivializing suffering surely isn't helping the cause of transgendered people.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Responding to perceived ignorance with an ad-hominem attack isn't intellectualism either. With all due respect.

9. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

My comment wasn't an attempt at intellectualism. I don't spend my free time researching ways to justify ignorance. I was merely pointing out where he might find some friends who enjoy such a hobby.

Anyway, I'm sure we've been through this before...

2 people like this.
  10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

This is on point. Nobody ever changes their mind in these arguments, especially on the internet. It's just butting heads with a lot of emotion behind it. Arguing over the drape in spacepope's latest fit is more productive than discussing gender politics online. (Which is what we're on styleforum for in the first place, right?)

2 people like this.
  11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

man the fact that thailand could legit be considered a "boring choice" ever really makes me wonder about my life

4 people like this.
  12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

Thailand is a boring choice when you live in Asia or Australasia.

Mexico or the Bahamas or something would be considered somewhat interesting. It's just geography.

4 people like this.
  13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This article has nothing to do with hypocrisy or feminism and excepting the fact that some fool is trying to shame feminists by (and pretty cynically) trying to make a stupid argument that goes something like: "Women are being oppressed in the factories where "This is what a feminist" t-shirts are made, therefore those who wear those tee shirts are actually bad to women. Therefore we can discount them."

That we need to make a profit seling $2 teeshirts, something that simply couldn't exist until we decided that it's okay to pay people nothing to work in horrendous conditions is a real and salient issue, and does have to do with human rights, and more specifically, the treatment of women, globalized labor, and so on, but this "article" is just tremendously bad. The editor who greenlighted this dreck should punch himself repeatedly, in the mouth.

6 people like this.
  14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Dude, the concept of leisure travel being boring just strikes me insane.

2 people like this.
  15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It becomes that way. Back in college, and really, even into my early 30s, I used to really get excited about getting on a plane and going somewhere. These days, it takes a lot more energy to muster up the enthusiasm.

3 people like this.
  16. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah, it's just geography and access, not actually objectively boring :) Thailand is just really easy to get to and really easy to travel around from Asia, can book everything from hotels, trains, even boats trips online no problem. Transport infrastructure is fantastic and the scams are few. Last couple trips I've taken have been to developed countries that are easy to travel - Indonesia and Vietnam. Was planning on going some place a bit more "rough" but it wasn't in the cards

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  17. Best Budz

Best Budz Senior member

Go to India

1 person likes this.
  18. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

While I agree with your bit about confrontations, I'd argue that the same logic you applied to gender politics here was applied to gay men and lesbian women a few decades ago.

19. accordion

accordion Senior member

do you guys like camille paglia? I think she's pretty cool

2 people like this.
  20. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.