• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

glundr

Reaction score
sounds like a possible scam, what country is that?

fireflygrave

Reaction score
haven't asked, haven't actually talked with the seller at all yet. just browsing and quite interested but want to check everything out first.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score

do you have uniqlo to compare to?

gonna need some new oxfords soon and want to upgrade. Need to be long enough to tuck, TB is the obvious choice, but cost prohibitive.

just do mytailor MTM. tb is meh.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check out Uniqlo dress shirts, get the back double darted. Thank me after for saving you the headache and money.

MTM is not the be-all end-all. It will actually make you sad. Stay happy, Mikey.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you have uniqlo to compare to?

gonna need some new oxfords soon and want to upgrade. Need to be long enough to tuck, TB is the obvious choice, but cost prohibitive.

The BB ESF shirt I have isn't an oxford, but here's some comparison pics of an untailored Brooks shirt (the gingham) and an untailored Uniqlo oxford

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is it you want to upgrade? Even cheap shirts have slim fits these days. If you're OK with the material, you might be happy just slapping some MOP buttons on what you usually wear, saving hundreds of dollars, and calling it a day.

abracadabra

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered from Hypebeast store before? Didn't realize they were located in Hong Kong and now im worried Im going to get slapped with customs.

Let me know!

I have. No customs fees. I only spent ~$250 though.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an email from ln-cc showing a bit of their new renovations...that place looks awesome. I want to go there. Makes it seem like "experience" rather than shopping, as cheezy as that sounds. Also super bums me out that I don't have any cool stores to visit around here

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got an email from ln-cc showing a bit of their new renovations...that place looks awesome. I want to go there. Makes it seem like "experience" rather than shopping, as cheezy as that sounds. Also super bums me out that I don't have any cool stores to visit around here
plan a SF meet up at late night chameleon cafe!

edit: I'm trying to plan a trip somewhere this year to a clothing store so I can actually TRY stuff on and feel fabrics etc. I was thinking Hlorenzo because it's close and a round trip is only $600.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
he's not from US

abracadabra

Reaction score
I sent it to a US address.

Korean customs tag anything over $150 with 20% duty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads