1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Got a pair of rick sneaks for $100 with an absolutely destroyed sole - the heel was worn down to the leather and had holes through to the insole
    Repair cost more than the shoes but they look decent at least

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    21 people like this.
  2. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

that is a good cobbler

5 people like this.
  3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Indeed, came recommend by RO store
    here's the before pic if anyone was curious (rick owens quality is a joke, poor gud had these for a year and wore the 2-3 times a week)

[​IMG]

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yikes!

also just gonna leave this here

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

So where are you guys wearing your casual blazers, anyway? I must admit, I felt a little out of place at the local Best Buy today. And I keep seeing these documentaries set in London, these guys and their friends all walking around in tight casual blazers, and I think: Yes, now there is exactly what I need: friends.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    8 people like this.
  6. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

I think my desire for wearing any kind of casual balzer has pretty much disappeared. Chore coat and militaristic jackets all the way now [​IMG]. Although I'd still quite like a Barena. They almost look like cardigans anyway, right?

Takuji not going to allow his bro Daiki to have a monopoly on long belted cardigan-bathrobe-jacket-thingys this season:

Ts(s) F/W 14:

[​IMG]
    More:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17 people like this.
  7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I want everything that guy is wearing in the first photo. Too bad Ts(s) is too small for me.

8. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

If you could find a 5 it would probably work out for you. When I first tried them on I thought I would be a 5 (I take a L in EG shirting and XL in EG outerwhere). Turns out the 4 was perfect for me.

Nonetheless, Ts(s) is consistently getting better. My biggest gripe is how expensive it is in the US. Thankfully Yoox carries them.

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

So does NMWA. Hopefully @gdl203 and @conceptual 4est have made some choice selections.

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Barena blazer is definitely like a cardigan. In fact most of them are actually knits.
    The new season fabrics and prints look like they'd fit with your EG stuff really well.

Oddly I'm headed in the opposite direction. And it's really hard to find a (good looking) structured blazer.

2 people like this.
  11. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

We have [​IMG] I can't wait for it all to arrive. We didn't pick up their long belted robe/coat/thingy, but we will have one from Geller [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  12. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Saw on The Bureau's facebook page that Ts(s) is returning to their line-up this season. Nice to have a UK stockist again even if prices will no doubt be eye watering.

13. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Geller is a new one for you guys right? I'm excited to see it. Knit-robe-things are my downfall. I already own 2 and I'm already plotting on copping the EG one from this season. (Although I think I might sell my nonnative one and finally accept the fact that I will never lose the weight required to fit it)

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I have a PRL knit blazery thing but because i'm short it ends up getting super robe-y.

[​IMG]

any tips on styling for f/w coming up?

15. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

i'm SO CONFLICTED NOWWWWWWW

(it arrived)

quick, sf! give meaning to my life.

16. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

you should be ashamed I even have to write this:

we need pics

4 people like this.
  17. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

Yup, new for the fall. We're excited to have the label since we're both fans of it, and as you all know Robbie is a great guy. It's also nice to have a local NYC brand in the mix. We'll have a good mix of some of the favorites as well as more interesting pieces that caught my (mine?) and Greg's eyes, like the aforementioned robe which is in a Prince of Wales check IIRC. Can be seen a little bit layered under some other jackets here:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10 people like this.
  18. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

There's actually another thing I don't like about the new one... it's ventless DX

19. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

[​IMG]
    From Fascinate.jp tumblr/blog, but this could almost be a fitpic of nahneun. You can't really tell the hem in pics though...

20. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

his hair is so much better than mine.......also he's taller and like 15 pounds lighter LOL i'm a fattie OTL

(but yes, mine is the charcoal version of that exact same suit)

the stretch wool is a bit disappointing. i prefer drier, crunchier fabrics that give better stacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.