• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Order from patronofthenew arrived pretty fast, had to send something back since it didnt fit despite both items being same size got shipping label in <24hrs

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Super, super banal rft:

I get the sense that many SF members (at least those who post frequently nuff in the swd sub-forum) aren't huge sports fans. That said, for those of you who are, I was just wondering what your protocol is re clothes at sports games. Throw on a jersey? shirt/sweater? hat with team logo? Considering how infrequently most users on here will dress for the sake of uniformity (as opposed to dressing in a personal uniform), I kinda wonder how seriously (or not) y'all take sportin' the team colors on game day.

/banal thoughts.

I've never bought anything related to any team or college, apart from a leather jacket that was sort of the ritual at my university - we dyed them from mustard yellow to an unhealthy purple. Oh, and I had a rugby style shirt from Barbarian with the school crest on it. Other than those purchases, both made during my Freshman year, nothing. I'd someone gave me a scarf of something for a soccer match in Europe, I might wear it.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super, super banal rft:

I get the sense that many SF members (at least those who post frequently nuff in the swd sub-forum) aren't huge sports fans. That said, for those of you who are, I was just wondering what your protocol is re clothes at sports games. Throw on a jersey? shirt/sweater? hat with team logo? Considering how infrequently most users on here will dress for the sake of uniformity (as opposed to dressing in a personal uniform), I kinda wonder how seriously (or not) y'all take sportin' the team colors on game day.

/banal thoughts.

I've never bought anything related to any team or college, apart from a leather jacket that was sort of the ritual at my university - we dyed them from mustard yellow to an unhealthy purple. Oh, and I had a rugby style shirt from Barbarian with the school crest on it. Other than those purchases, both made during my Freshman year, nothing. I'd someone gave me a scarf of something for a soccer match in Europe, I might wear it.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

thetiebar.com is where I got mine, cheap and simple

I meant to say other than thetiebar, I like their stuff and have plenty, I just am interested in something more unique. Tried etsy, didn't see much I like - those joinery ones are beautiful but too big for my average BoO ties.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Raf pyramid MA-1 is already at $1000 with 4 days left.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My uncle is a carpet installer, and does a lot of his work through Lowe's, but they're really weird about what happens with any of the extra or returned carpet. Obviously, contractors are encouraged to offer the unused portions to the buyer, which they often accept. But I've worked with him on some jobs where the carpet was either not what the person ordered, or the person did a lousy job envisioning what the carpet sample would look like as an actual carpet and they find some nonexistent flaw with it. At that point, Lowe's will actually take back the carpet, replace it with something the customer does want, and makes the installer return the carpet to them. They don't reuse it, though, and it's my understanding that even though they are insistent that the installer return the carpet, it's eventually just discarded.

TL;DR Lowe's is like the H&M of home improvement.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol @ tie bars and boo ties

i've seen mc dus post some laughably bad rugs, in fact I haven't seen one good one though i'm not sure if I've gone through that thread

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
just looked at slp on mrporter and it looks like it'll fit great if you want to look like peewee herman

blazer looks like a womens piece, did you see the fit pics DL? I started laughing

this hedi guy is a hack, took all the classiness away from ysl

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just looked at slp on mrporter and it looks like it'll fit great if you want to look like peewee herman

blazer looks like a womens piece, did you see the fit pics DL? I started laughing

this hedi guy is a hack, took all the classiness away from ysl

yeah that Mr Porter guy looks like he is wearing his little sister's jacket, not good at all.

the jacket looks nice in pics when it is not being worn :foo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads