• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

istasi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got splattered by mud while wearing a leather jacket and a good portion of the jacket got mud on it. I cleaned it the best I could with some detergent and damp cloths but there's still a few marks. It's drying right now and I'm thinking of going at it with a brush + detergent after its dry to get the remaining marks out and then apply some Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP afterwards.
Is this advisable or should I be doing something else to clean it?

You could get it professionally cleaned? Idk

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should look at Ann pants, the fit that you described is classic for her, only problem will be find it in thick wool fabric. Other variant is KVA.

Margiela has a really nice one but it's $800

This one looks ok too but idk about quality: http://www.mrporter.com/product/324261

Definitely damir for what you're looking for in terms of pants, maybe even tops.
Zam Barrett perhaps?
Or you can wait until my j pant collab drops (10)
devil.gif

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I've been looking at all those designers. Probably gonna pop up some soon and will be in my price range when sales start but I want it now!
redface.gif

KJ, that one is actually pretty decent. While I'm really do like the look of a light beige turtleneck under navy blazer or coat (there's a great fit on LN-CC), I am a bit afraid it will look bad by itself. Lighter colors don't really work with my pale complexion and it has a tendency to make you look even bigger/wider.

Your J-pants are great snow. Just got myself a pair of Zam B soft J pants in cotton. Thanks to Smash, Noctone and Artishard for the help!

Last edited:

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also been looking for a pair of thick wool pants with a roomy top block, heavy taper and elongated rise. Maybe Damir and Dries again? Don't have cash for Yohji.

Any tips appreciated!
You can get yohji pants for some pretty good prices if you just browse rakuten/y!jp, admittedly the shipping/buying is a bit scary, but you can get some great deals, got myself a pair for less than £100, but they have been being held in some post office for nearly a week now
baldy[1].gif

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so where is the hm&mmm collab **** made? some dude was telling me it was the same place as mainline and I was all "ehhhhhh"

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
wtb slim j pants with 10.5-11 inch thighs and 6-6.5 inch hem openings

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i would love to make 60-75% of my wardrobe devoa but i'm broke after some extravagant purchases... :( #poorlifedecisions

Last edited:

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finding myself really wanting an olive m65. who makes a decent one that isn't out of this ballpark expensive? would ******* love a tenc , wtaps, visvim kilgore or something baller but that ain't happening right now. :embar: yeah, hit me with suggestions. and don't say millsurp because i'm small as a motha fucka.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

finding myself really wanting an olive m65. who makes a decent one that isn't out of this ballpark expensive? would ******* love a tenc , wtaps, visvim kilgore or something baller but that ain't happening right now. :embar: yeah, hit me with suggestions. and don't say millsurp because i'm small as a motha fucka.

Remember seeing a size small Nonnative on one of the forum B&S for like $200, think it was SF

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****, i'll search for it. a small would actually work because i want to layer it over blazers and such.

slstr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wait, how is h&mmm stuff on ebay already? thought it wasn't out until november?

edit: also, $550 holy ****

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics