• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Some of the H&M stuff looks decent. Model and styling is garbage though. And I'm sure everything looks better in pics than in real life.

That is NOT an understatement.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwsbbc
I've seen H+m's new collection. Im not sure whether to be excited or scared though http://hypebeast.com/2009/11/hm-2010-spring-collection/
Man some of that is just absolute **** styling jesus christ, disappointing as I thought they did a good if not kind of ridiculous job with fw09 lookbook. hahahhaa yeah this cropped one button blazer will go great over my unbuttoned chambray and baggy cuffed jeans
hm-2010-spring-collection-5.jpg

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arms_Akimbo
FWIW, I was looking through yoox's legal and FAQ pages to find a guarantee of authenticity, and didn't find anything. But it looks like the company runs the online stores for E Armani, D&G, Jil, Diesel, and other huge names so that makes me think they're at least a little trustworthy.

It would be crazy for those companies to partner with Yoox if it sells counterfeit goods, since they (maybe not Jil so much but the others definitely) are victims of counterfeiting and spend buckets of money to combat it.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I think its more of a case where they sell thousands of goods and don't have time to check everything

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I was looking through yoox's legal and FAQ pages to find a guarantee of authenticity, and didn't find anything. But it looks like the company runs the online stores for E Armani, D&G, Jil, Diesel, and other huge names so that makes me think they're at least a little trustworthy.

They can't guarantee authenticity, because in the vast majority of cases, they don't deal directly with the designer. They *do* deal with a lot of the major designers, which is why there are pages and pages of Prada, Costume National, Neil Barrett, MMM and other STAFF Spa brands like D. Squared. If it has been "featured", you can be sure that there is some sort of deal between Yoox and the brand. However, a lot of their stock comes from what must be an enormous network of retailers (most of them quite trustworthy). It's virtually impossible to verify the authenticity of all that stock, or the age of the stock. I've found trippy things that are true (and covetable) deadstock from anything from Jil to Margiela to Wings+Horns on the site before. Yoox is like, a gigantic swap meet. If you know your ****, you are going to come out on top (some MC guys have gotten incredible deals because Yoox has miscategorized pieces that they have recognized right away). But if you are not an expert user, you could get burned.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Didn't say anything about "try hard." But he was dressed by the internet--his stuff was all safe, SF-approved gear. Nothing about his outfit belonged to him. Agree with snake though, without SF I wouldn't have known what was going on. He looked fine.
Can everyone please shutup about this stupid ****. Quit focusing on labels so much. He's wearing dark jeans a button up and plain laceups. Who cares what the brands are? Do the items fit well and go well together and manage to look nice fabric wise? That's what matters. Would it have been a better outfit if the button up was MMM bought at retail, shoes jil sander and the jeans were sugarcane? Actually, that'd probably look worse. I'm not sure what people want anymore. Hard to argue with those items considering you can find BoO shirts from $75-125 and r&b jeans for cheap if you're good at hunting around sales time. Even the seasonal paul smiths go for good prices. What do some people on this forum want from people? It's obvious to those who have been around or know what they're talking about when you see someone (not even looking at the labels) if they're faking the funk. It's possible for two people to wear the exact same outfit and one look better than the other as well. Sometimes people get lucky with things just fitting them well and works for their personality, bodytype, face, hair, vibe.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Please shutup about this stupid ****. Quit focusing on labels so much. He's wearing dark jeans a button up and plain laceups. Who cares what the brands are? Do the items fit well and go well together and manage to look nice fabric wise? That's what matters. Would it have been a better outfit if the button up was MMM bought at retail, shoes jil sander and the jeans were sugarcane? Actually, that'd probably look worse. I'm not sure what people want anymore. Hard to argue with those items considering you can find BoO shirts from $75-125 and r&b jeans for cheap if you're good at hunting around sales time. Even the seasonal paul smiths go for good prices.

+1, chrono nj *****

jwied82

Reaction score
I hope I don't look dressed by the nets. The above outfit sounds pretty basic and non-offensive.

My ndc boots I just got from Yoox say made in EU. Wuddupwiddat? Did I get a lame model? Lots of the ones on yoox don't have an origin listed, I'm noticing. Did ndc recently switch production and if so, did quality suffer?

Ive seen/owned ndc from several different seasons and iirc they all said either EU or "Lusitania" (which is essentially a fancy way of saying made in portugal). I think their quality is pretty good for the price, especially at yoox prices.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
They can't guarantee authenticity, because in the vast majority of cases, they don't deal directly with the designer. They *do* deal with a lot of the major designers, which is why there are pages and pages of Prada, Costume National, Neil Barrett, MMM and other STAFF Spa brands like D. Squared. If it has been "featured", you can be sure that there is some sort of deal between Yoox and the brand. However, a lot of their stock comes from what must be an enormous network of retailers (most of them quite trustworthy). It's virtually impossible to verify the authenticity of all that stock, or the age of the stock. I've found trippy things that are true (and covetable) deadstock from anything from Jil to Margiela to Wings+Horns on the site before. Yoox is like, a gigantic swap meet. If you know your ****, you are going to come out on top (some MC guys have gotten incredible deals because Yoox has miscategorized pieces that they have recognized right away). But if you are not an expert user, you could get burned.

There has been some great REALLY old Raf on yoox recently, all in weird sizes/colors, but it was like, FW1999-03. MA-1 with long button-out tailored vest? yes please, just not in size 54. I'd probably have bought it and worn it if it were 50 or something, and I'm a 44.

If a brand doesn't control distribution completely, then it's anyone's guess as to the authenticity of the products being sold at retail points. The largest department store here in Korea was found to be selling fake items unknowingly (I think Prada? Or Cartier bags?), because the trading company that brokered for the fashion brands was slipping A+ grade fakes into the feed. That definitely caused some problems.

I don't how much truth there was in it, but somebody who was shilling for a denim brand on sufu claimed Yoox was selling a bunch of stolen merch that had gone missing from their brand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52