• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just realized in those search results I posted the third entry down is "Clothing Ridicule in Adulthood - Details?"

That's the support group for MCers who've read the comments about them made in SW&D and vice versa.

They do? I don't know. MC has a lot of great info and valuable posters, but MC WAYWRN is a dump - but it's been discussed ad nauseum on that side as well. It's not an us-vs-them thing

The problem is that there is no way for what you actually wrote not to be taken as "an us-vs-them thing."

shoreman1782's last fit would not be out of place in MC and it's got the most thumbs up of any recent WAYWT in SW&D. The poles aren't apart as they seem.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just realized in those search results I posted the third entry down is "Clothing Ridicule in Adulthood - Details?"

I'm not going to go back and check because I don't want to be proven wrong, but in my head I'm imagining Moo posting that thread after getting his feelings hurt and feeling legitimately concerned

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
there are legitimate critiques of both MC and SW&D, so I don't think it's fair to dismiss anyone who voices an opinion, even negative, about the other side. the best explanation I heard recently (and I forget who said it) was that MC posters are typically more analytical whereas SWD posters are typically more creative. we're painting in broad strokes here, but generally speaking, I don't think this is too far off. the result is you will get some nerds obsessed with rules and details in MC and you'll get some all-out fashion victims wearing things that would look absolutely ridiculous if you ever saw them on the street or in person here.

does this get exaggerated from time to time? yeah. but let's not pretend like there isn't at least some amount of truth behind the insults occasionally hurled over the fences here.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't dismiss anyone or say anything was wrong. I said I think very little of the people who choose to sling mud, because I do.

If some of the insults (your word, and it's apt) can be said to have "grounds" to them, well, I don't even see how that's relevant. They're still insults, counterproductive by definition to say the least.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't dismiss anyone or say anything was wrong. I said I think very little of the people who choose to sling mud, because I do.

The irony is strong, dude

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stand by everything I've said.

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you think you balling cuz you got a block rock some rick
he thinks hes balling cuz he got a block rocks some rick

edit: i am in no way implying that he is not a baller. he is definitely balling. (0)

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
man some next level **** right thur, blows CCP buys out of the water, jesus christ didnt know **** went for those prices

im such a plebian

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming he's got the price right, I wonder why it was so much. Even 10K is a pretty serious mental/financial barrier in the realm of clothing.

I know Hermes croc stuff gets up to the 30-40K range.

This Gianfranco Ferre jacket was over 20K, but it's made of sable and marten.

B1q41.jpg

And this Rick Owens jacket was $10.5K, but it's 2% woven silver.

wi9s2.jpg

Even Balmain only ("only") asks $13K for python now, though it's a vest, and this is seasons later with everything getting pricier by the month.

ZfeaD.jpg

So a $55K Rick jacket seems fairly notable to me; I wonder what sort of leather/fur it is.

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

man some next level **** right thur, blows CCP buys out of the water, jesus christ didnt know **** went for those prices
im such a plebian

you're 22 and not a trust fund baby. of course you're a plebe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads