1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

the issue at hand is that your reasons are always subjective (read: too heavily opinionated to be taken seriously) and not realistic. your observations are so incredibly opinionated that you cannot view anything objectively. it's fine to be dismissive of things and trends; everyone is entitled to their own opinion. it's the fact that you try to back up all your statements with the most asinine train of thought/reasoning ever. however, you are so strongly opinionated about certain trends in fashion and your need to be different and distinguished from everyone else causes you to vilify everything that is becoming even remotely popular and mainstream within the circles you frequent. while i do agree that toj fanboyism is a bit excessive (and i bet most of it is tongue-in-cheek humor; it's called the fucking temple of jawnz. chillax, bro), so is your fanboyism of wjk, jun hashimoto, etc. etc. whatever it is you jerk off to these days. i bet if a shitload of the forumers started to buy jun hashimoto and wjk, you'd jump boat, too. because that's your modus operandi. just reading your posts, it gives me the feeling that it's not so much an issue of quality, but this incessant desire to be different, and somehow better and more informed than the masses. congratulations, you are the 1%. good for you. you do your own thing, and let them do theirs. if they deify drew, so be it. if you actually have some poignant insight that you think needs to be said, well, at least make a good case for yourself without resorting to fallacious logic (ie. your understanding of what compels people to buy suvs and pretty much like 95% of the reasons you lay to support your hypotheses, theories, etc.)

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

:lookaround: :facepalm: :cry: :plain:

:censored: :crazy: :sneaky2: :brick:

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012

3. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

this reminds me of the episode of south park where they make fun of persians, lesbians, and ms. garrison. scissor me timbers!

4. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

Many product marketers attempt to guess people's intentions. Guessing such things is not a claim of omniscience, rather it is a starting point to explore. But if I am to hear you correctly, discussing such hunches if off limits in polite society.

As far as drew being like a deity, well he is the TOJ god! He even occasionally enjoys wielding his power by declaring that someone is "banned for life" from buying a TOJ. That's a life sentence. The deity statement was not meant as in insult, but rather illustration of the strong emotional component among his customers. Kudos for him for successfully attracting such a huge following.

5. Desi

Desi Distinguished Member

Those girls are ugly.

Tarsem made the Immortals into an enjoyable romp. Zeus had the best cape/cloak/dress-hybrid.

6. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

you are so passive aggressive about your disdain for toj and you are guilty of doing the same thing you criticize others of doing. i don't know how i can simplify hypocrisy and irony further for you, but well...

7. Aeneas

Aeneas Senior Member

Any recommendations for an alternative to the Uniqlo +J Premium Wool Parka, it is now completely sold out...

8. wurm

wurm Distinguished Member

I no longer find the drama entertaining - just tireless. Can it stop now? It's clearly getting no where.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Stylish Dinosaur

Jet got a TV show?

10. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Looks like a semi-upscale jersey shore. I am glad I only have to worry about these kind of shows happening on Telemundo/Univision, which no one watches anyways

11. BB1

BB1 Distinguished Member

You mistake my assumed role of instigator as not being objective. It is no different than expecting an attorney to behave objectively in the courtroom as if he should argue for the opposing side. But internally I have considered everything you (and others) have said without quickly dismissing it. If the opposing arguments are good, I will often eventually adjust my external opinion. But when I do so, invariably everyone here screams "hypocrite!"

As far as me being grounded in reality, externalizing similar thought processes have served me well in business. But I have worked alongside so many other people who behave and speak like they're the voice of reason (cue objective sounding NPR announcer voice), yet when you ask them to design something unique or come up with new ideas they're largely incapable. Most of my ideas start out kind of wobbly but by discussing the ideas with others who are open to pondering something that's still ill defined, I've often been successful at making sellable products. It's just the way my mind works and it has served me well financially.

Yes, I am annoyed by the whole TOJ fanboy-ism, but it's no different from me being turned off by the hype surrounding Apple. But I truly do feel an affinity for drew after reading his writings and I wish him success. Funny how he has so many Apple products in his house. My wife has does have a MacBook though.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I still want to see the NAMOR post everyone is talking about

13. Teger

Teger Stylish Dinosaur

got a chester barrie suit off B&S.

very nice. wearing a trim english made with high armholes and slim arms is.. interesting. it almost feels 'too tight', even though i know its not. i guess i'm so used to horribly boxy american clothes.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

FUCK

Just spilled some chinese sauce w/e onto the hem of my trousers and I'm still in the office (client + rep seminar)

what to do?? going to have to go to dry cleaner and get this cleaned??

:fu:

Had to carry all the food to 2nd floor and the box was leaking!
    Also dripped all over my left shoe

(0)

15. DLester

DLester Distinguished Member

I think this is is what it is ultimately all about. You find it annoying, which is an emotional reaction. That is okay. I get annoyed by all sorts of things for reasons I can't quantify.

Just acknowledge that it bothers you and accept the limitations of trying to justify that rationally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.