Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teger

Teger Senior member

Also tapatalk rules

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

you know where i stand on this -- wrap it up snowmanistan ! i would refrain from adding mohair to mohair because you'll not only melt and be hairier than your snowman jr. but also because if you do the Ute look from assembly it's all same pattern looking like you are from beyond the southern border, except misplaced above the northern border. it's a contradiction in a sense.

something like this though, yes i would like to see it :happy:

[​IMG]

3. snake

snake Senior member

^yes. Go get yourself some large safety pins and wrap up, mr.snow!

20F out currently and I could use some hot cider and that schneider scarf/cape/snuggie right about now.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  4. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

already ahead of you guys. took some fit pics right now. ill post em up

5. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

I use it for Android and find it nearly unusable, is there some sort of setting I'm missing? I can't even see which threads have new posts.

6. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

interested to see this, love some good cape action

not brave enough myself

7. Meis

Meis Senior member

I wish it was 20F out where I am .... windchill is -2F here :fu:

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yes, the heavier duty contact cement will specifically say that it's good for rubber, leather, wood, etc. Make sure you clean all surfaces, then apply it to both surfaces and let it fully dry before pressing them together (probably best to do this while wearing them and putting your weight on it).

9. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

i saw some dude walking down the street here in jacksonville with skinny jeans tucked into boots.

the look is officially dead now.

10. aether

aether Senior member

has always been a rather horrible look; it's never done right.

11. BB1

BB1 Senior member

You are describing the process of deductive reasoning. While deductive reasoning alone cannot totally prove anything, it is the natural starting point for me when developing arguments around a premise that came from my intuition. By stating these sometimes incomplete thoughts out loud I'm hoping others will start an interesting discussion that I can use to refine my ideas further. Judging from all the recent reposes I spurred this has been moderately successful.

However, I am still dismayed by how openly hostile some are to this process in an on-line environment as compared to interacting with others in real life. Why the personal insults and character assassinations? I honestly do not enjoy attempting to tear other people apart in this manner, but objects and ideas are always free game.

Oh, and the idea that every discussed idea has to be proven and 100% lacking in logical fallacies is an absurd notion. If we were to accept this point of view then we wouldn't readily be able to discuss anything. But I would guess you only apply this rigorous criteria to arguments that don't resonate with you personally.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I forgot what the premise of the discussion was, let alone your point of view, so I can't really comment. but thanks for the info earlier. also, was that a tu quoque up there ??

13. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I share your sentiment. However when a mass of people all move towards the same thing in unison, it often becomes a process of gaining comfort in sameness (or the familiar) as opposed to the process of discovery that I assume you're alluding too.

14. zissou

zissou Senior member

BB1- my recommendation is that you actually complete those thoughts before trying to spark an argument ('discussion') on here. Your thoughts do often seem incomplete despite your comments being so long-winded. Additionally, they're often laced with hypocrisy. For instance, the other day, you said:
    Here, you criticize the ToJ fans for treating Drew like a 'near deity' just after you claim omniscience regarding their intentions. Maybe if they buy 14 ToJs, you'll know they really meant to buy that first one.

15. BB1

BB1 Senior member

Yes, that includes me and likely the majority of posters on this forum. But I would contend that when you dress differently than everyone else, it becomes even more important that your outfit be coherent and match your personal style.

If you dress in the same style as your peers, you will granted a lot of forgiveness for slightly ill fitting clothing and a few mismatched items. Consider how the poorly dressed person wearing a conforming style is largely ignored. But when you dress differently, you draw attention to yourself and thus your outfits are open to additional scrutiny. We like to label the poorly dressed person wearing non-conforming clothing as a "fashion victim" and view them with disdain.

But when the popular messages on the forum are that TOJ leathers are a fashion staple suitable for everyone, or that we should not miss out on the 80% off sale at the awesome Mr. Porter, then many are driven towards making purchases may not work well for them. It's as if the wisdom of this forum has replaced the wisdom of their peers. While the forum is useful for giving us ideas and feedback, I think many would be well served to rely more on their own instincts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.