• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
hey miran i should tell you about the amazing spicy somali food i just had, followed by the over-sweetened somali tea. my word, i had no idea there was a spice as hot as hell fire. also i asked for a banana to have with the food, to which the waitress exclaimed wow you're a real somali huh ??

Last edited:

_yoo

Reaction score
jil ss12 sweater just dropped at oki-ni, price: £1740.00
js1222blu_04

js1222blu_05

00100fullscreen.jpg
curious to see close-ups of these when they drop

Last edited:

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey miran i should tell you about the amazing spicy somali food i just had, followed by the over-sweetened somali tea. my word, i had no idea there was a spice as hot as hell fire. also i asked for a banana to have with the food, to which the waitress exclaimed wow you're a real somali huh ??

I went to this thai hole in the wall last night with my girl and we both order noodle soup. Both of us asked for extra hot, and it was literally so hot that I was crying. I'm no sissy when it comes to spice either. The kitchen people loved us, kept bringing us thai iced teas and desserts because we were such champs about it. I ran my mouth under a faucet for about five continuous minutes after my meal

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to work in a thai restaurant and we'd always get some american souls coming in, full of braggadocio and bravado, asking for "thai spicy" even when I warn them...no one ever makes it out alive

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thai spicy hotter than bun bo hue? I don't eat it often but this one place served it so hot and spicy my lips actually burned. They swelled up and stung like no other.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say so, yes spicier than bun bo hue. I eat a lot of spicy foods, but my thai friends would take peanuts, hoisin sauce, and thai chili mash then up together and have it for a snack :cry:

I am really the only person who likes spicy food in my family, my dad to an extent, but otherwise most of the food we cook is sweet or sour.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy ****. You know about the banana in savory food. Then again, I don't think Somali food is all that hot.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
the food wasn't too spicy, there was some jalapeno sauce on the side that was some forsaken volcano product.

the banana is a must

how to distinguish somali vs ethiopean ? one eats banana with, the other after, dinner. my nickname is warya

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Goddamnit, I just bought 2 new T's from uniqlo because one of my other two white ones was ruined when I washed it with a blue zara T which bled all over it. So I go and buy a new pack today, and throw it in the hot wash AGAIN with that ******* zara t-shirt- guess what, blue blotches all over the new shirts. :fu:

Luckily it's like 5$ a shirt. Back I go.

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Also, today I learned The Spongebob.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to get pants tapered starting from about an inch or two beneath the knee? I have large calves so the calf area fits well on some pants I own, but the hem is enormous.

I got these pants back from the tailor today. I had them tapered starting from about two inches below the knee. They look really good. I think I finally found something that works for me. I'm afflicted with wider hips and large calves, so most pants that aren't too slim in the calf area for me always end up having a large hem. Apparently $15 solves the issue. Going to bring some more stuff back to them tomorrow to work on. Hallelujah for tailors alterationists lol.

Last edited:

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads