Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

What's your stance on using the tartans of various Scottish and Irish clans,

(less concerned with those of parts of the military such as Black Watch)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

dunno, but isn't all that stuff only produced in scotland and ireland? (i have no idea).

There's shit like Scotch Whisky, which can only produced in Scotland. Champagne etc etc.

Perhaps it'd be possible for countries to help protect their identities by trademarking the words?

I am not a lawyer. thank god.

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Be aware that pinning is often misleading, so make sure you can move and are comfortable when she pins it. You'll find that often your stuff will be tighter than what was pinned. I think this is due to the fact that you have more leeway when it's pinned, so it doesn't feel as tight, but when it is altered, the seam doesn't give much. Make sure you tell her everything you can think of, shit like selvedge, whatever, most mistakes come from not telling them and they assume stuff (e.g. if you don't want it ironed, tell them).

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

tween why u no revive DIY thread? I just dumped my sneakers into the washing machine with a pair of NF. Curious how they will turn out

5. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Fuckin' leather shoe lace on my nearly new boots just broke. Can still try the shoe, but still, WTF!

:fu:

6. APK

APK Senior member

Thanks, guys. It's actually just an inexpensive pair of jeans that became my go-to because they're so nicely broken in. So even in a worst-case scenario, I wouldn't be out hundreds of dollars. I figured I should ask, anyway.

7. ryannn

ryannn Senior member

Anyone know a German proxy?

8. g transistor

Yeah, I mean, just in general when working with a tailor you gotta tell them everything. And seriously, I mean everything. People like us are the worst types of people (picky wah wah clothes kids) for tailors and cobblers to deal with. My mom once had a customer basically freak out and scream at her when she had to remove a fucking inside J. Crew tag to do an alteration to the waistline or somethin and misplaced the tag. This was about 10 or so years ago and she ended up going out to j crew and buy a pair of pants to get the tag off.

Once I had a cobbler polish and shine my alden nubuck boots cause he's a friend of my mom, and he thought that was a nice thing to do. I was annoyed since he basically changed the entire look of the shoe but I didn't really care much. He still works on my boots and stuff for like 50% off but now he knows to just do what I ask him and no more nice things!

9. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

All I do lately is post about shit I almost got or should get. I need to stop that and just make a cop list to have on hand. Or just get creative with what I do have. There's always one extra thing I want though when I do that...

I have some ideas in my head but they all involve things at my parent's place since I don't have much with me here. maybe around Christmas I'll get something going in between snowboarding.

10. g transistor

When finals are over I'll post a DIY coyote fur collar for my dr i'm doing in that thread so hang tight!!!!!

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

if you get your jeans hemmed, ask the tailor not to cut anything until you are satisfied with the fit. let him do the taper, but not slice any of the inside off in case you hate the fit - that way he can always go back to normal....learned that the hard way with an expensive pair of nudies (entry-level!) years ago...

ps i love WvB's outfit. would wear that whole getup right now...i mean, like, out on a saturday night or something...

also, a good tailor can can fold and sew it quick and dirty-like right on the spot for you to see if you like the fit. hell but a lengthwise fold/crease in the legs, take his machine to it and stitch it up. toss it to you to try it on and see if you approve - itll be tighter than it would be in the end, but you should get a good idea. just make sure you have a good tailor! i find the crazier they are the better!

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

PK needs to visit Ali in d-bo , bdeuce22recommends him

13. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

14. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

he should visit my insane armenian tailor. most misogynistic and racist dude i know. thinks the world originated in armenia, all language is from there. talks shit and lectures all his customers. does great work though. likes me and my bro cuz we resemble good "Caucasoids"....nice guy, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.