• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rowing ftw only if they hadnt kick me out because i was too short.. :(

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Fuuma, was riding home today and thought of a WWFD (What would Fuuma do?) question - what is your stance on dressing up to go eat, and what do you wear (full fit in description) to places where jacket is required?

I don't switch clothes to go out. Let's say I know I need to be dressed up (recently had a cocktail on protocol) I might actually make an exception but my current uniform is:

velvet, silk or tweed Jacket (varies a lot, from Paul Smith to Paul Harnden going through Lanvin)
White dress shirt (mtm)
White cotton handkerchief (just pick them up at some menswear store like Barneys, who cares about that)
Sweater (Branquinho or Borrelli)
Black Jeans (Cloak or *gasp* Levi514)
Black boots or dress shoes (something Mitteleuropean)

This is fine for eating out, going out or pretty much anything short of a funeral, marriage, opera night or embassy reception.

If I am in a summery climate I'll often go lighter (white jeans or pants or lavender or somesuch colour, brown captoes, blue dress shirt and a militarish light jacket).

Dunno if the question was serious or not but here you go...

I am packing right now and I'll probably bring one black moleskine suit as my only suit but a couple of sportcoats, sweaters, jeans and maybe one additional pair of dress pants.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I don't switch clothes to go out. Let's say I know I need to be dressed up (recently had a cocktail on protocol) I might actually make an exception but my current uniform is:
velvet, silk or tweed Jacket (varies a lot, from Paul Smith to Paul Harnden going through Lanvin)
White dress shirt (mtm)
White cotton handkerchief (just pick them up at some menswear store like Barneys, who cares about that)
Sweater (Branquinho or Borrelli)
Black Jeans (Cloak or *gasp* Levi514)
Black boots or dress shoes (something Mitteleuropean)
This is fine for eating out, going out or pretty much anything short of a funeral, marriage, opera night or embassy reception.
If I am in a summery climate I'll often go lighter (white jeans or pants or lavender or somesuch colour, brown captoes, blue dress shirt and a militarish light jacket).
Dunno if the question was serious or not but here you go...
I am packing right now and I'll probably bring one black moleskine suit as my only suit but a couple of sportcoats, sweaters, jeans and maybe one additional pair of dress pants.

my question was indeed serious, and I figured as much, thanks. I would've done the same a few years ago, mostly black everything and a white dress shirt, lots of raf and jil sander, but too much time on this forum and in the clothing factories has me into bespoke suits and italian style shirts and the whole setup lately. Don't think I'll delve as deep into it as the MC guys who do the 'casual' look as if they're going to go hang out with their white friends at the country club and pretend they're Italian or British, but viewing clothes as arts n crafts makes for fun dressing.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Hey I've (rarely) been to the gym and had my teeth whitened (I smoke, drink red wine and a lot of coffee so...) but I mean, that's kinda like talking about sports or whatever, it shouldn't be the main trust of this thread.

i've long given up on discussing anything meaningful in here...i use email or other methods of communication for actual conversations.

going to citronelle/central jacket is required, so i will take a nuur metallic one and bluesteel those fools. no jeans or sneakers so will have to wear some distressed boots and trousers, am tempted to go drop crotch ann but the wool is too warm for now.
i will check out pocket squares at barneys, have 0 right now so i guess i could add a couple to the closet.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you can't really compare a Storm Trooper helmet with a .17 drag coefficient to a silver E320 sedan on 16" P600 A/S's. An Aventador driver daily drives that ****. Then he buys another when it gets like 5,600 miles on it.

true baller status.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Is this the Jerseystyle forum? Sports cars, teeth whitening and working out.

Not that it was a great one, but you wouldn't consider a conversation on general self/body improvement part of fashion? The clothes go on the body

Improving myself is wayyyyy up there past fashion. There are some things I want to buy, but won't because I feel I need another inch or two pec wise to fill out properly. Some find that important and it affects their personal style

Not to sound repetitive but I can always count on you or shah to state something is off topic, sometimes you might have a point, other times....not really

As far as cars, I already told you people find beauty everywhere clothes, cars, whatever. None of these things makes this jersey style, whatever that is

Last edited:

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There are places within the forum for detailed discussion into those

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

There are places within the forum for detailed discussion into those
My guess is people like to hear the opinions of the others they talk to here in SW&D who probably don't go over to the other sub-forurms ?? Who knows

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing is that there's really not much discussion about fashion going on on this thread so it's easily taken over by whatever other topic of the day

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, id never thought I'd get so annoyed by seeing something rick has said. How many times do people plan to repeat the quote?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads