Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'd take up car spotting/photoing but I am too lazy on the camera draw. Tokyo is mecca if you want to car spot, my wife is making fun of me because I point out rare cars by reflex and she acts like I'm a bumpkin from the woods. Couple days ago I went out, I pass by a gas station next to some small car showroom; at the gas station gassing up is a white DBS and a 997TT cab, at the showroom next door is a Miura SV and a Countach, and then in front passing by on the street at the same instant is a pristine Porsche 356 coupe with the little luggage rack and a leather suitcase on the back. Parked on the other side of the street is an F355 berlinetta and a LP560-4. The Japanese economy is still in the dumps but people still like cars here.

2. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

How much is a Lambo new in Japan? Think it costs 1.1 million here in Singapore, and a Rolls Royce Phantom goes for 1.3 million. Fucking ridiculous.

3. impolyt_one

oh yeah and the license plates in Japan, the little 4-digit dealies - they are mostly randomly assigned, but you can put in for custom numbers somehow, not sure how it's done because there are some other rules related to your domicile and zoned licensing office, but you can get your numeric car model number on your plate (i.e. 9.11 or 3.55, 4.30, ..68 for a Camaro, etc) - and if it's not a car-related thing, the Japanese all want a triple-7 number, and the Chinese living in Japan want triple or quad 8's for their plates. You see a ton of both around, and the 9.11 plates on Porsches, ..55's on AMG's.

4. impolyt_one

I think at the exchange rate lately that thing would've been like $700K USD, but don't know if he was like some sort of former Murci owner who got first dibs on the Aventador, or had to pay a brokerage or whatever - i'm sure that's one of the very first Aventadors in this country.

5. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

Price I listed was in SGD, my bad. Aventador LP700-4 would cost like USD 900K here. And I read somewhere that apparently there were more than 50 orders from Singapore. Not sure if true.

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you already got married? congratulations

7. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  8. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

:nodding:

you are deluded.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  9. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Your avatar and the nodding smiley are making my eyes crooked

10. impolyt_one

you can't really compare a Storm Trooper helmet with a .17 drag coefficient to a silver E320 sedan on 16" P600 A/S's. An Aventador driver daily drives that shit. Then he buys another when it gets like 5,600 miles on it.

11. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Those are dope.

Haha. Pretty spot on.

Holy shit. I do pull ups with a 45lb. plate and I don't think I'm even close to doing a one-armed pull up. I'd have to cut my legs off for that.

In other news, I've now been called a cracker twice in the past two weeks in my neighborhood. I'm not dressing like Tucker Carlson or anything either.

12. impolyt_one

I have serious doubts that I could really lift anything but the bar at a gym, but I can rip off 10 nice pullups. All upper body weight, stick legs concept.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

this dude wins bodyweight work outs

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Like I said, I'd have to lose these 20 lbs of non-muscle to do it right now. Probably put in a few months on the Concepts2 as well (nothing like intervals on the rower to build up useful core strength and overall body strength.) That aside, it has a lot to do with the type of training you are doing. I've never built for bulk, so at 160-165, I was a lot stronger than your usual 165 lbs man for "resistance?" strength, and I was not an exception. Certain types of training and sports (gymnastics, for example, in addition to MMA) build up this type of strength. GSP, for example, can apparently do sets of 12 pullups with 125 lbs strapped. And I have a good friend, a former gymnast, who has never lifted in his life, but is strong as anyone I know, and can do things like hold the iron cross.

Nice belts. I still like the Viridi-Anne one most...

15. Manfred Freitag

Manfred Freitag Well-Known Member

I laughed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.